A-Z of Selling: A is 'Ask for the order'
- A-Z of Selling : O is for Objections
- When a customer says It's Too Expensive
- Ten Ways To Negotiate The Deal You Want
- A-Z of Selling: N for Negotiation
- A-Z of Selling:M for Motivate
- A-Z of Selling: L is for 'Listening'
- A-Z of Selling: K for Knowledge
- A-Z of Selling:J for Jump to Conclusions
- A-Z of Selling: I is for Indicate
- A-Z of Sellling: H for Help the Customer
Only 20% of customers ever volunteer an order,the remaining 80% need to be asked!
A-Z of Selling: A is for ‘Ask for the order’
There was some research conducted a while ago by The Institute of Purchasing that said only 20% of customers ever volunteer an order….the remaining 80% need to be asked!
In my experience lots of sellers, particularly inexperienced ones, get a little tongue-tied when it comes to asking for the order, commonly known as ‘closing the sale’. They often forget that if the sales discussion has been persuasive and empathetic to the customers needs then the close is the next logical step in the sales conversation. It’s nothing to get particularly worked up about…it’s just the obvious final step in a persuasive selling sequence.
So I urge you to sell persuasively…and then…ask for the order.
And remember…no-one ever died asking for an order!