Don't spread yourself too thin
- Five tips on event marketing
- I need more beans on toast on my Facebook Page.
- Do you have a listening strategy for your business?
- Putting Twitter users on a CRAP list is not clever!
- How to easily keep an eye on your clients and competitors on Facebook
- Facebook rules have changed….. again!
- Apparently Facebook are looking at integrating the hashtag feature
- How to find out what parts of your Facebook page are indexed by Google
- Disney Magic
- Do you have the time for social media?
I constantly have requests from friends who are asking me to join ecademy, squidoo, myspace etc you name it, I am being asked to join one type of social networking site or another.
What Social Networking sites should I join?
Although it is tempting to join a whole range of social networking sites, then I ask you to stop and think about what you are doing.
So what sites should I join? (I hear you ask). I suggest that you come up with 2 or 3 sites that you are comfortable with. Once you have come up with your list of relevant social networks you need to decide which ones you are going to join. Be content with the knowledge that you cannot join ALL of the networks on the Web or you won’t have the time to use any of them to their full potential.
Choose a few social networks that fit your needs and that you feel comfortable with and focus your attention on them—build a profile, join groups, add and communicate with friends. Putting all of you effort into a few social networks is much more effective than wearing yourself out trying to achieve the bare minimum in a ton of social networks.
It is also important not to spread yourself too thin when you are joining groups in social networks. It is better to be an active and integral part of a few large groups than to be a member of 100 groups that you never even look at.
Thats my tip for today.
Signing out… see you online