More Blogging Tips!!
- Five tips on event marketing
- I need more beans on toast on my Facebook Page.
- Do you have a listening strategy for your business?
- Putting Twitter users on a CRAP list is not clever!
- How to easily keep an eye on your clients and competitors on Facebook
- Facebook rules have changed….. again!
- Apparently Facebook are looking at integrating the hashtag feature
- How to find out what parts of your Facebook page are indexed by Google
- Disney Magic
- Do you have the time for social media?
A few more tips to get the best out of your blogging!
6. Don’t forget keywords and backlinks.
A backlink (otherwise known as linkbait or hyperlinks) are an excellent way to help with that all important Google juice. To turn a word into a hyperlink, simply highlight the word then click the cntrl K buttons – then post the URL. Its highly effective.
7. Maximum of 500 words (in my opinion)
A good blog article should be c500 words (give or take). It is quite acceptable to write very short articles (such as two paragraphs). I subscribe to Seth Godins blog (author of The Purple Cow and many others!) and his are often very short.
8. Quality is better than Quantity.
If you are looking for a quality blog then subscribe to Sunil Bali’s blog (click here). I enjoy the humour in his blogs and I look forward to receiving it every Sunday morning (the blog that it is!!!!).
9. Lists, lists and more lists.
List articles like this one, are very popular and easy to read as you can skim through the headers. List and tips are a great way to blog!
10. Import your blog into LinkedIn and Facebook
If you are going to the trouble of writing a blog article on a regular basis, then you are wasting a valuable opportunity if you have not linked your profile to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn! LinkedIn has some great apps – so use them!
11. The title of your blog is important
The title of your blog is the most important part of the article. Make sure that you are using excellent keywords and that you are maximising any Google opportunities.
12. Tip for Article Directories
If you are uploading your article to any directories (and of course the 4N website as its FREE for members) – what?? you are not putting your articles anywhere else???? Oh no! Well, if you have taken the time to write a fabulous article, then make sure that you also upload to these places to maximise your opportunities for exposure. ezine, go articles, articlebase, 4networking.
14. Always add a visual
People like to see something visual, and a picture adds impact.