Bunga Bunga - how to Seize the Day
- Great ideas make good business
- The McBaguette - what it tells us
- Can you be a Genius?
- Bling vs Bland in French Elections
- Rising Sun or Bland Read?
- Nudge, Nudge!
- Sponsor an event - go viral
- Mini's Deep Freeze Advertising Nightmare
- Ruinair - how do they get away with it?
- Trust in the Financial World - Not
When opportunity knocks, how quickly can you react to take advantage of it? A West London restaurant jumped on the fascination with Italian PM Berlusconi's Bunga Bunga parties. Read on!
Such was the fame of his Bunga Bunga orgies and people's fascination with it that a restaurant in West London has themed itself around them.
Good for them. And this is a prime example of what the Romans called Carpe Diem - Seize the Day.
To build any Brand seizing the day is near on vital.
- By spotting trends, you spot gaps and gaps mean opportunity
- Keep up with the news, demographics, the buzz on the street
- Talk to people, find out their changing needs and wants
- Push the boat out a bit, playing safe is unlikely to be attractive
- Create something special, new attractive, gimmicky to pull people in
This got me thinking about how fast we need to react as business owners to seize similar opportunities in our own markets.
And I hear tell that at the party celebrating Berlusconi's resignation this week the restaurant offered a fruity Bunga Bunga cocktail served in mugs showing a winking Berlsuconi. So even as he departed office, the Bunga Bunga restaurant took advantage of the situation.
Click to see more of the Bunga Bunga at www.bungabunga-london.com - but turn your volume down, there's a bit of opera to listen to.
You know, if you read it in a novel, you'd say it was too far fetched!
The photo shows Buynga Bunga founders Charlie Gilkes & Duncan Stirling with those winking Berlusconi mugs.