HOW TO BE A TIME MASTER
How many people run out of time? How many people try to please everybody? Who hates saying no? Must say yes get more money more business? If i say no they might go elsewhere mighten they? Read on
MASTER THYE ABILITY TO SAY NO
HOW TO BE TIME MASTER
MASTER THE ABILITY TO SAY NO
• "Do you know what, I'm right in the middle of other projects at the moment. It's just not a good time for me right now. I may be able to get to it next week or month. Would that be okay?"
• "It's kind of you to think of me, I'm really flattered, but I am not taking on any new responsibilities at the moment."
• "I'm sorry but the answer has to be "no"."
• I have just got too much on my plate at the moment and I honestly don't know when I would be able to get to it. If I can suggest someone else would that be helpful?"
• "Before I take this on for you, let me give you a few tips that might help you do it for yourself."
• "I have made so many commitments to others; it would be unfair to let them down by saying "yes" to you overstretching myself by taking on too much at this point."
• It's always nice to be asked, but I'm just not the best person to be doing this for you right now."
• "Now that's the type of thing I'd have really honest with you. This is just not for me; I simply don't enjoy doing that. Thanks anyway."
• It's very tempting to say "yes" but I'm trying to be really strict with myself and manage my time better at the moment. I have had a weakness for saying "yes" too often in the past. I'm sure you understand."
• "I hope you'll forgive me saying "no", I need to devote my energies to my job career at the moment."
• "I just can't right now, I want to devote more of my time to my personal and family life."
• "It would be very easy to say "yes", but I need to free up more time for myself right now."
• "Given how much I have on at the moment, it would be fairer for both of us for me to decline than to say yes and risk doing less than my best work."
• "I was close to saying "yes", but something unexpected has come up that needs my urgent attention."
• "I can't right now, but is it okay if I come back to see you soon as I am in a position to help?"
• "I'd prefer not to go into details, but I think you know me well enough to know that when I say "no" it's for a good reason."
• "I'm sorry but I just can't cope with anything else just now. The good news is that I have someone else who can help."
• "I'm afraid I have this report to finish by 2 pm today first. Can it wait until then?"