Selling your business
- Restaurant businesses for sale
- How to grow your business for sale
- How to Sell Almost Anything
- How to Sell a Service Company
- A Tax on Sickness and Old Age
- WHAT YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE SAYS ABOUT YOUR EXIT PLAN
- Buy A Business or Start one from Scratch
- The Great Pay Day without Strings ?
- Would you Buy a Restaurant
Keep proper Financial Records
Due Dilligence by the buyer is always a pain and can be a showkiller. Get a good book keeper
Bad record keeping is the biggest killer to selling a business.
A correct set of books prepared with proper accounting software is a necessity. Documents need to be current and correct, demonstrating timely remittances and filings.
Are you dependent on a single employee who could leave? Outsourced bookkeeping can provide efficiencies as businesses pay for work that’s being done, not standby hours.
A good bookkeeper will also help you understand your numbers—providing forecasting, financial analysis and identifying cash flow risks.
Don’t forget to advise the person doing your books when you make changes to the business such as when you dispose of assets or assign a new lease.
Clean and compliant books will also contribute to a good relationship with your accountant and save you pounds there too.
There are plenty in the network ! use one.