The Trust Myth
- Why Your Forty Seconds Matters!
- Ten Top Strategies for One-2-One Profits
- Influence Comes In Many Forms
- Your Talent is what I'm after!
- OCD - how much do you have?
- Networking Travesty!
- I Hate What I Do!
- Is Your Networking Notworking?
- Awesome 4N Sevenoaks
- #1 Best Kept Secret of Influence!
Trust is a mental construct, just like Love, Fear & Jealousy!
Trust only exists in your head!
When we decide to trust someone, there is no guarantee that that person will not let us down in some way!
The degree to which we need to define someone as 'Trustworthy' is inextricably linked to our perceptions of things like 'Risk'!
For this reason, the more untrusting we are, the more we tend to be averse to 'Risk'!
So is our need for Trust really all about our own Fears? If we were fearless, would we not worry so much about whether or not we thought someone was trustworthy?
Would we take the plunge anyway, because, by the law of averages, 9 times out of 10, things would probably turn out okay?
What do you think? I'd love to know your view...