Utility Warehouse

Page: « 1 2 3 4 »
Chris Bown
Mr Content
Telephone:
07950 001108

My Links:
Posted: 25th Jul 2011 - 22:18 Quote

Sorry Lee, my 4N sig is far too small and doesn't bother mentioning that I'm a UW distributor - oops.

Thanks Neil, as one of my customers, for your succinct testimonial. 

Richard, if you need to ask any other questions re UW, do call me - I've been a distributor a long time and happy to provide straight answers.

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @mistercontent

Simon Bourne
Delta PC
Telephone:
01458 270027

My Links:
Posted: 25th Jul 2011 - 23:14 Quote

I have used them at home for a couple of years now and cant fault them.

I thought i might be helpful to see a real bill? As you can see no increase over 11 months just a decease as we started to use the cash back card.

We are a family of four (kids 6 and 4) in a three bedroom house. We don't think about how much we use. We have a Gas Combi boiler, electric cooker, washing machine always on, dishwasher every day, tumble dryer ocassinally and as you can imagin i have loads of PC stufff on 24/7. 

Also we use the cash back card which can make the bill even sweeter as you can see from the image.

delta pc logo
View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @deltapc

Phil Hendy
PAH Accounting
Telephone:
01380 620031

My Links:
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 - 09:10 Quote

i actually didn't save money with them and was misled when I bought in.

their customer service was awful when I had problems with my broadband. Switched as soon as I could. Don't be fooled by the no contract issue. If you leave within 12 months they charge you a get out fee

PAH Accountants

Phil Hendy

01380 860 151

philhendy@pahaccounting.com

• Limited Company Accounts
  • Sole Trader Accounts
  • Corporation Tax
  • VAT & Bookkeeping
View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @pahaccounting

Richard Jones
Gauntlet Group Glamorgan
Telephone:
07411 767374

My Links:
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 - 10:46 Quote
Thanks for the info guys really appreciate it!
View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts

Jon May
Swansea University
Telephone:
01792 295 988

My Links:
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 - 15:37 Quote
Quote:

Don't be fooled by the no contract issue. If you leave within 12 months they charge you a get out fee

Really? I was told flat out that that wouldn't happen! Tsk. I will have to rethink.

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @MrJonMay

Chris Bown
Mr Content
Telephone:
07950 001108

My Links:
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 - 15:59 Quote

Jon

Not sure Phil's information is up to date. The current situation with a domestic customer taking UW services is as follows: 

gas, electricity - no minimum contract, quit at one month's notice

home phone - no minimum contract, quit at one month's notice

broadband - no minimum contract, quit at one month's  notice

mobile phone - no minimum contract unless you take a new handset, in which case your commitment is to pay off the remaining outstanding amount due against the handset, should you leave before it's all paid off

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @mistercontent

Mohammed Walji
Unique SEO
Telephone:
077 648 57767
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 - 16:04 Quote

I am a trustee of a charity that has saved money by moving to UW

Neil Pie
Neil Pie
Telephone:
0208 2426214

My Links:
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 - 18:14 Quote
Quote:

Sorry Lee, my 4N sig is far too small and doesn't bother mentioning that I'm a UW distributor - oops.

Thanks Neil, as one of my customers, for your succinct testimonial. 

Richard, if you need to ask any other questions re UW, do call me - I've been a distributor a long time and happy to provide straight answers.

Whoops - yes do call Chris if you're going to call anyone. 

He's the kind of UW distibutor you'll like. I'd met him several times over a course of months, had several one to ones and even been hired by him to do some work before it came out in a conversation one day that he's a UW distributor.

Obviously he was my choice, and sorted everything out no fuss. Looked over my current bills beforehand as well.

Hello World

Bespoke applications for web & mobile, Wordpress development, skiffle

Freelance PHP programmer

Simon Bourne
Delta PC
Telephone:
01458 270027

My Links:
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 - 18:51 Quote

If you leave within 12 months they charge you a get out fee

I think this only relates to their Business service and not Domestic sevice?

Im sure a re-seller can confirm this?

delta pc logo
View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @deltapc

Paul Turner
More Business from the Web
Telephone:
0845 2011 781

My Links:
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 - 19:26 Quote

I am a customer not a distributor.  Originally when I signed up a few years ago, I saved £40 per month.

To be honest, telephone charges seem to have dropped everywhere so I can't say exactly how much, but the cashback card saves me around £15 per month ib top of any other savings - and all I do is shop as normal and just pay with my Utility Warehouse card.

I have always had good customer service too

Hope that helps!

www.morebusinessfromtheweb.com - what a good idea!

Claire Brooks
Utility Warehouse Discount Club
Telephone:
01246 380324

My Links:
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 - 19:59 Quote
Quote:

Jon

Not sure Phil's information is up to date. The current situation with a domestic customer taking UW services is as follows: 

gas, electricity - no minimum contract, quit at one month's notice

home phone - no minimum contract, quit at one month's notice

broadband - no minimum contract, quit at one month's  notice

mobile phone - no minimum contract unless you take a new handset, in which case your commitment is to pay off the remaining outstanding amount due against the handset, should you leave before it's all paid off

As the offers for services keep changing, it is worth checking the T&C's on the back of the application form.

Depending on when you joined, the above statements for home phone and broadband could be incorrect. Currently it actually depends on what happens and what payment option you take when joining:

• Home phone with a new line installation - if rather than paying the whole installation cost (£24 in July 11, normally £69.99) up front, you decide to spread the cost over either a year or two years, then you are in contract for one or two years. If you choose to leave under these terms, there is an early termination charge of £3pm for the remaining months plus any outstanding installation charge. (T&C's 1.6)
  • Home phone without new line installation - no minimum contract
  • Broadband - no minimum contract term, however on termination at any time in future, an admin charge of £10 is made. (T&C's 1.16)

When I initially swapped my 4 services, my bill went down from £173pm to £107pm.  I now have 8 services from them and my average bill is now £140pm. Still a lot less than I was paying previously.

I was so impressed, I joined the company!!  Thumbs Up

Claire Brooks
Utility Warehouse, Authorised Distributor
01246 380324

4ntwitter4nlinkedinMy WebsiteSkype
View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @ClaireBrooks1

Mark Mundin
Thunderbird Design and Print
Telephone:
01604 211150

My Links:
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 - 09:43 Quote

We've have been a customer at home for about a year now, Gas and Electric and use the cash back card. It has saved us approx 50% a quarter so no complaints from us at the moment.

Thunderbird Design and Print Northampton Daventry Business Cards Flyers Roller Banners4 networking northamptonThunderbird Design and Print NorthamptonThunderbird Design and Print NorthamptonThunderbird Design and Print NorthamptonThunderbird Design and Print NorthamptonThunderbird Design and Print Northampton

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @thunderbirdmark

Andy Bosworth
Utility Warehouse Authorised Distributor
Telephone:

My Links:
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 - 17:21 Quote

Hello all   fantastic to see so many satisfied customers!!

Ref contracts... if UW install a line then there is a 12 month contract, if you transfer your calls and internet its £10 termination fee. hope this helps! 

ANDY BOSWORTH   07949532333                      

Gerry Steinhauer
EyePAT CIC
Telephone:
01446 795055

My Links:
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 - 17:48 Quote

Hi Richard,

Just to join the list I've been a customer for over 2 years and currently have both my domestic and business services with them and have been saving a load.

I am also a distributor which I don't often publicise but as everyone else has said 'I was so impressed I bought the company'.

Just make the right decision for you not anyone else!

Gerry Steinhauer

www.eyepat.org

01446 795055 / 0777 5525194

Helping Parents, Foster Carers and Social Workers to keep kids safe online

Helping companies to protect themselves and their employees online

Delivering anti bullying workshops for children and adults

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @gerryipat, @gerrymms

Nigel Grant
More Profit For You Ltd
Telephone:

My Links:
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 - 19:02 Quote

I am a new customer still going through the conversion. I had some teething problems due to posted SIM cards not arriving but Ann Hampton 4Ner from Sutton, Surrey has worked tirelessly to resolve any issues. I have also had some very helpful customer service reps to talk to.

On the downside, you will be inundated with posted updates - I would prefer them to email and cut the cost!

As for savings - the cashback card can easily save 3-5% of your shopping bill if you buy from Sainsburys/Boots/M&S etc for a cost of £1.50 per month - and the other services bring guarantees - so the sums are easy: spend £50 per month on food/chemists and you will save money!

Nigel Grant                                                                       Your Finance Partner at a price you can afford at a frequency you choose

MIoD, ACA, MBA, MA (Law)                                               Understand what your results are saying and identify opportunities to make More Profit For You

NigelGrant@MoreProfitForYou.co.uk                                Focus on your expertise - we'll do the numbers - and achieve your business dream

www.MoreProfitForYou.co.uk                                            Discover the difference between a Finance Director and an Accountant!

02085498790 / 07801624865

Get Richmond, Twickenham 
and Kingston Business BoomingNetworking 4 GolfersSE Innovation & Growth   Thames Valley ACA      Special offer   

Page: « 1 2 3 4 »

To reply to this topic please sign in or register.