Callback

My own 4N Experience (4Sight September 2011)

Page: 1 2 »
Barbara Hastings-Asatourian
Contraception Education cic
Telephone:
01457 850860

My Links:
Posted: 10th Oct 2011 - 18:52 Quote

In August I was so lucky to have attended the Value conference in Sutton Coldfield.  I didn't realise at the time how much Tamsin's fabulous session would get me reflecting and appreciating being in 4N, but it did.  As luck would have it, an opportunity arose to present my own experience soon 
afterwards as a 4Sight at 4N Glossop.

I joined 4N last September 2010, and as our area leader Peter Clowes knows, I was the most reluctant passporter EVER!.. I'd retired from the rat race in September 2010, having worked in the NHS, further education and higher education for 35 years, and the most recent 9 of those years I was also managing my own company.  So I definitely didn't want to make myself  get up in the morning at silly o'clock, and travel here there and everywhere.  I really wanted single group membership.   However, because of the 200 day deal Pete told me I might as well try passporting, so I did.  

I haven't looked back or regretted that decision for one moment, and here's why.

4N Glossop launched spectacularly in a blizzard on 1st December 2010 and I 
took on the role of group leader.  For a few weeks I concentrated on Glossop 
but I  have since attended Manchester Airport, Buxton, Congleton, 
Saddleworth, Stockport, Bury, Oldham, Denton, Alsager and Macclesfield as well as 
Glossop

I started to get to know people a little at first and then a lot, but  now I have found a really 
great group of friends and the same people provide me with fantastic services and products.  Claire Rimmer, our ops assistant, has shown me how to save money on my FLP products by becoming a distributor myself and getting great discount.  Helen Duncan from First Impression, our marketing assistant at the time,has provided all kinds of design and print but this year in particular she has supplied wonderful design for a new sex education resource called SHARE that  I am launching for my company's 10th Birthday this month.  Julian Sigley and Patrick Healy of Evolution Solar are quoting for Solar PV for us,  Erik Pollitt of Volition Performance has trained up 
3 very reluctant phoners, and is soon to 4sight  about how to improve sales.  Michael Whitehead has provided Protocol Products for my ageing spine and joints!

But wait..... there's another side to this too.  Two way traffic. I know Contraception Education 
CIC is a bit of a niche company and you may not expect us to gain customers from 4N?  After all  it's not like printing or accountancy that everyone needs.    Nevertheless, at one meeting  in Congleton I met Steve Mount and a few MONTHS later(N.B. not an overnight thing) a referral from Steve came through to me for School Speakers - and I have already had one contract in London  in 
June 2011and I'm just negotiating another in the North West.  Phenomenal!  And at Stockport I met Sharon Lomas from Fine Print, who introduced me to Hazel Grove High School who booked me for a 6 week course.  These were both way beyond what I expected.  

4sights provide so many opportunities - I've done 4sights about public speaking at a few different venues, and Yoga and Meditation at another.  Now Claire Rimmer and I are delivering a testicular cancer prevention 4sight on the 4N circuit.  We are both nurses and joint 4sighting has shown us even more common ground and helped us to look further than profit and loss.

I have also begun to appreciate the social side of 4N,  the support of local charities and community groups,and especially  the respect I have for the people I now know so much better.

Thanks must go not only to the directors of 4N nationally, especially to Tamsin for her presentation at the Value conference, but also to Pete Clowes, area leader, for persuading me to become a passporter and for Terry Dorr, regional leader, for helping me to keep everything in perspective and remain calm even when the unexpected happens!

All this and I have just reached the 1 year mark, and as the Value conference showed me, there is still much more to come.  I'm so looking forward to my second year!

BNurs, RN, RM, RHV, Cert Ed (FE), MSc

Director

Contraception Education CIC
135 Victoria Street
Glossop
Derbyshire
SK13 8JF

For more information about our award winning Contraception Board Game see  BBC's "Sex Lessons" 4X4 Reports 

Contraception Education New Website     Contraception Education New Online Store

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @BarbaraHA

Peter Clowes
Conflux - 5 Star Reputation Marketing
Telephone:
01260 - 291 7...

My Links:
Posted: 10th Oct 2011 - 20:24 Quote

Barbara, I knew you were going to do this, but having read it - and bearing in mind I heard your 4Sight - I am still gobsmacked, amazed and so pleased for you.

I am so glad I may have played a small part in persuading you to 'Embrace' 4 Networking and use it to promote your own business - remember, I told you something similar at the time?

Thank God you listened to me and decided to see if I was right. As a direct result, you have now met so many more people than you might have done, had you taken the Single Group membership. This means that you have enriched the lives of so many people who otherwise would never have met you, and that is the power of 4N. I consider myself lucky to count myself as one of those people.

You are a Star, a great Group Leader and above all a thoroughly nice person to know. Well done.

Now then, my GL at Glossop listens to me, I wonder if my wife will..........

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @ibdpete

Telephone:
01457 850860

My Links:
Posted: 10th Oct 2011 - 20:59 Quote

Thank you Mr Clowes. You are very kind.  On the matter of Mrs Clowes,  perhaps you should use the new tent card and ask Mrs Clowes where she is on the chart - you know, meet?like?know?trust? - but remember, these things take time!

Barbara

Director

135 Victoria Street
Glossop
Derbyshire
SK13 8JF

For more information about our award winning Contraception Board Game see  BBC's "Sex Lessons" 4X4 Reports 

Contraception Education New Website     Contraception Education New Online Store

Peter Clowes
Telephone:
01260 - 291 7...

My Links:
Posted: 10th Oct 2011 - 23:30 Quote

Thanks Barbara, my Carole can be a little slow about such things, 36 years married on 1st November,met her 4 years before that, but one day maybe, one day...

Terry Dorr
Impress Promotions Midlands Ltd
Telephone:
07884 394584

My Links:
Posted: 11th Oct 2011 - 23:08 Quote

Barbara. Thanks for your comments. I know that a lot of people will emphasise with them.

Your comments about 4N are very true, and following a National Team Meeting yesterday, believe me there is a lot more to come.

Be Different - Be Impressed

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @TerryDorr

Telephone:
07525 234 180

My Links:
Posted: 11th Oct 2011 - 23:54 Quote

Barbara, what a fab post.  It is always encouraging to hear how The Value4You Conferences impact our teams understanding of the true value of 4N membership and even more so when they go out there and maximise on it!

Congratulations and thank you again x

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts

Telephone:
01457 850860

My Links:
Posted: 12th Oct 2011 - 22:29 Quote

It really is a pleasure Tamsen.   There's more! I'll just share a couple more - I mentioned to a close frind of mine that Steve Almond from Tutor Doctors whom I met at 4N Buxton was looking for science teachers - and a successful recruitment followed!

And tomorrow night....... the lovely Jackie Howley, whom I met a few weeks ago  in 4N Saddleworth, a consultant for Temple Spa Anywhere, will be pampering a few of us in my living room with really luxurious facial products!

Prot-col's Michael Whitehead was at the same meeting in Saddleworth and asked for introductions into rugby clubs, so invited him to glossop because we meet at Glossop rugby club.  There he met two competitive cyclists and as a result got  a very positive introduction into a Glossop gym! 

There are 2 exciting new relationships developing in the pipeline with young people's organisations - I'll let you know what happens.  The more I think, the more I get it!

Barbara 

Director

135 Victoria Street
Glossop
Derbyshire
SK13 8JF

Erik Pollitt
Volition Performance
Telephone:
077 5672 9697
Posted: 13th Oct 2011 - 11:17 Quote

Hi Barbara,

What a lovely post. Thank you very much for the mention & look forward to seeing you next week for the 4sight.

If anyone wants to improve their sales pitch or sales calling abilities, please feel free to message me or better still, come along and say hi :)

See you next week,

Erik

Erik Pollitt

Volition Performance

Alison Wren
Paprika Marketing
Telephone:
0161 883 1655

My Links:
Posted: 13th Oct 2011 - 11:29 Quote

Thanks for such a brilliant post.

It's great to hear a success story from someone who has really put in the effort to get back the rewards.

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @PaprikaMktg

Michael Whitehead
The Healthy Option
Telephone:
0845 0945 357

My Links:
Posted: 13th Oct 2011 - 13:19 Quote

Hi Barbara,

Thank you very much fpr the post and the mention. If I could just add to that. It was at the Saddleworth meeting that you mentioned coming to the Glossop meeting which I did and was my first use of the passport. Little did I know how rewarding that meeting would be, on several levels. One of them being listening to you now talk about the pain free life you are now living. I think that is the most gratifying testimonial anybody coud receive :)

Look forward to getting back to Glossop soon

See you there

Michael :)

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @healthyoptionUK

Peter Clowes
Telephone:
01260 - 291 7...

My Links:
Posted: 14th Oct 2011 - 18:03 Quote

Well done everyone, it is great to see 4N working this way.

Terry Cooper sent me an e-mail saying he liked this post, and that he married his Lin 36 years ago, but a week earlier than I married my Carole, and that they met 4 years before getting married as well!!

Small World.

Bridget Batty
Limetree Public Relations
Telephone:
07771 870400
Posted: 21st Oct 2011 - 09:25 Quote

Wow!  Barbara! I have got to say you are an amazing person!  We first met at a GBN lunch earlier in the year and then you came over to Saddleworth where we got to know each other so much better.

I do find you very inspirational and the benefits you mention  about  4N are so true. 

I  too have used my passport. I joined at Media City and have visited Oldham, Glossop, Saddleworth, Bury, Ashton, Cheadle and Altrincham.  I have since become OA at Saddleworth  and regularly visit Glossop.  The meetings are always a treat!  There are some great people who have given me great support particularly in a new venture - Peel2Save Glossop.  A fantastic opportunity for anyone needing to raise much needed funds to keep their community group going.  Much of the support for that project came from 4N in Glossop. 

I've also been invited to do PR for 4N in our area so I hope to get passporting more in order to get to know more people on the circuit!

Bridget

Telephone:
01457 850860

My Links:
Posted: 11th Nov 2011 - 21:21 Quote

I am such a hapPy 4N-er and have a couple more successes to add now - just  one month on, nether of which would have come about withour 4N and of course the Passport.  

Firstly thank you Bridget (just above this post)  for your fabulous PR resulting in 2 lovely articles in my local papers http://menmedia.co.uk/glossopadvertiser/news/s/1464592_business-booming-for-founder-of-sex-education-board-game and http://www.contraceptioneducation.co.uk/docs/BARBARCHRONICLE.jpg

But also today I rang Pete Clowes to thank him - as he had recently attended an exhibition attended by schools and colleges and passed my business cards to a number of people, and managed to get 3 names and phone numbers for me.  I followed all three up, and today one of the colleges near Crewe booked me for three sex education days in December.  Absolutely perfect!

I'm sure I'll be back soon!
Barbara

Director

135 Victoria Street
Glossop
Derbyshire
SK13 8JF

Deborah Jones
Positive Pathways
Telephone:
07957 783163
Posted: 12th Nov 2011 - 18:04 Quote
Barbara I am fairly new to 4N, im already feeling so positive , your story is so great.. it was lovely to read..... Next Oct I'll post my own story - I cant wait!

Thank you x
View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @PositivePathway

Brad Burton
4Networking
Telephone:
0845 123 4444

My Links:
Posted: 12th Nov 2011 - 20:43 Quote
Barbara you really are a sweetie thanks for sharing your last year x

Brad BurtonBrad Burton Twitter Link to BradBurton.biz Brad Burton MD 4Networking Life. Business. Just got easier. Link to BradBurton.biz Link to BradBurton.biz

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @Bradburton
Page: 1 2 »

To reply to this topic please sign in or register.