Callback

4N v's Other networking groups

Mark Brown
BCR Associates
Telephone:
0844 6926912
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 - 09:15 Quote

I'm looking to "expand" my networking beyond 4N.

Anyone got any good tips or snippets of advice ?

All welcome.

Mark

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts

Stefan Thomas
4Networking
Telephone:
0845 123 4444

My Links:
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 - 09:32 Quote

There are loads of other options out there and the question is probably best answered by someone local to you (as the popularity or otherwise of most networking groups is often a local/regional thing). When I joined 4N I was already a member of BNI (although that chapter has now closed) plus BizLinx at lunchtime (worst £1100 I ever spent frankly) plus the various independent networking groups in Oxfordshire.

Think on this as well Mark. Have you been using your 4N membership enough? You could have attended a whole load more 4N breakfasts in the time you've been a member - which is what I did when I first got started.

Also, you have asked some questions on here, particularly about the size of businesses you're trying to get to, and then don't seem to respond to the answers which are given. Get stuck into the forum in a different way, don't just start posts that are about your business, involved yourself in other people's discussions too. Did you even read the post where several of us are connected to businesses with many thousands of employees for example?

As with any other marketing activity - what is working for you - you should be doing more of that.

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @NoRedBraces

Telephone:

My Links:
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 - 09:32 Quote

Can you provide more information regarding type of networking you would like to do (morning/afternoon/evening) and type of networking?

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @JamesMillman

Brad Burton
4Networking
Telephone:
0845 123 4444

My Links:
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 - 13:42 Quote
People are people wherever you network. Unless the am's are a problem, I'd look at working out how I get 4n working better for you.

I'd be willing to give you a bell if you fancy a 10 min chat

Brad BurtonBrad Burton Twitter Link to BradBurton.biz Brad Burton MD 4Networking Life. Business. Just got easier. Link to BradBurton.biz Link to BradBurton.biz

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @Bradburton

Stuart Gregory
Lentune Mortgage Consultancy Ltd
Telephone:
01590 718083

My Links:
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 - 13:53 Quote

A quick Google search wil be able to identify other networking groups in your area - however I've found ones that compliment 4N - but could never replace it.

Local Chambers of Commerce for example?

Apart from that - how about online via Twitter? Won't cost you a penny and you can build a decent online profile in conjunction with the 4N Forum.

Lentune Mortgage Consultancy

Just making things that much easier…

We would love to have a chat with you about your requirements. Please take the time to have a look around our website, visiting our testimonials section to see what our clients say about us.

Based on the South Coast we're perfectly positioned to help you - wherever your location.    

Forget confusing 'Comparison' sites and 'Best Buy' tables - let us help you.

CALL US NOW ON (01590) 718083 TO BOOK YOUR FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION

YOUR HOME MAY BE REPOSSESSED IF YOU DO NOT KEEP UP REPAYMENTS ON YOUR MORTGAGE

For mortgages we can be paid by commission, or a fee of usually £295 or a combination of both.  Lentune Mortgage Consultancy Limited is an appointed representative of Sesame Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered in England and Wales: Ref 6753050

8 Blakes Yard, New Street Mews, Lymington, Hampshire. SO41 9NW

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @Mortgage_Stu

# Clancy
Network2080
Telephone:
07957 816260

My Links:
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 - 18:17 Quote

Hi Mark

You may find this useful

http://www.network2080.net/2011/01/choosing-a-networking-group/

In my 20+ years of all genres of Networking I have determined, sadly, that only 20% of members of ANY network implement the training/coaching/mentoring/advice provided by the organisers and team leaders.

This 20% also end up with 80% of the Quality referrals generated by the networking group.

Give me a bell anytime if you want to discuss this further

All the best for 2012

Clancy

Clancy, your genuine enthusiasm is contagious and knowledge of business networking invaluable, if I can start to action and put into practice just a few of your ideas I have no doubt I will benefit from more referrals and business from my existing professional connections, thanks also for your ongoing support, ~ Matthew Sedgley, Independent Financial Solutions

The Network 2080 (est 2002) and 2080group (est 1992) companies provides education, training, and informative material to people in small/medium businesses, home-based businesses, direct selling businesses, network marketing businesses, and other types of businesses. 

The Network 2080 and 2080group products and services are designed to help businesses owners and marketers generate additional ROI for their enterprises.

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts

Kevin Arrow
Sark E Media
Telephone:
07816 528421

My Links:
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 - 18:17 Quote

Hi Mark,

a mate of mine is based near you and is a member of a very successfull BNI chapter, he also networks elsewhere in the area, pm me your email and i will  introduce you to him

Kev

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @KevinArrow

Michelle McDines
Michelle McDines
Telephone:

My Links:
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 - 20:22 Quote

Hi Mark

My suggestion would be to get clear on who it is you want to do business with first. 

Then consider the following:

1. Where do those people hang out? By that I don't just mean networking events, but what other types of events do they go to, what do they read, where do they go online - and look at how you can be present in those places

2. Who already has a trust relationship with those people? By identifying these people and building relationships with them, you can leverage their relationships giving you a faster result than trying to build relationships directly with your target market on an individual basis.  For instance, if you had a product that was of benefit to people who worked out, you might consider building relationships with personal trainers.  The personal trainer will be trusted by their clients so building a relationship with the personal trainer gives you access to his clients.

3. Where do these people hang out?

Also, consider putting on your own events.  My first business worked solely with IT companies.  In the days when BNI was pretty much the only show in town, it was difficult for me because their format only allowed one technology company per chapter - so it was a very slow slog getting contacts.  So I started my own network that gave tech companies an opportunity to network with each other.  It delivered great benefits to the companies who started collaborating on all sorts of projects, but also gave me a very soft introduction to them.  There's an accountant up here who has a monthly social at his house for people he's met networking both offline and online.  They're proving very popular and raising his profile immensely.

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @michellemcdines

Alex McCann
Altrincham HQ
Telephone:

My Links:
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 - 21:13 Quote

Michelle - I've not been to Nigel's meetings yet but plan to soon

Altrincham HQ Logo

Twitter: Follow @altrinchamhq

Facebook: www.facebook.com/altrinchamhq

******* 50+ RECOMMENDATIONS ON LINKEDIN *********

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @altrinchamhq

Chris Ogle
SME7
Telephone:
01923 234 170

My Links:
Posted: 29th Dec 2011 - 21:13 Quote

Hi Mark,

Please get in touch or PM me... I might have a few ideas for you

Have a great New Year!!

Warm wishes, Chris

Use a QR Scanner to retrieve my contact details, apps available on iPhone and Android

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @chrisogle

Chris Kenber
Chris Kenber Coaching
Telephone:
0117 929 9944

My Links:
Posted: 30th Dec 2011 - 09:12 Quote

Morning Mark

I've been through this exercise myself and have some suggestions for you.

Do make contact if you'd like to.

Regards, Chris

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @ChrisKenber

To reply to this topic please sign in or register.