iPad 3

Page: « 1 2
Jon May
Swansea University
Telephone:
01792 295 988

My Links:
Posted: 11th Jan 2012 - 09:04 Quote

I had the Asus Eee Pad Transformer. That had two I think.

Great tablet, but I realised quite soon a tablet wasn't for me. I need to use programs like InDesign, and complex web pages like Drupal that a touchscreen is just too annoying to use.

So I sold it and stuck to my netbook and desktop!

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @MrJonMay

Steve Mahon
Construction North West
Telephone:
0845 034 2180

My Links:
Posted: 11th Jan 2012 - 09:08 Quote

Ta Jon

www.constructionnw.co.uk

T. 0845 034 2180

M. 0778 561 8167

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @construction_nw

Matthew Purser
Edgeward Ltd
Telephone:
01707 830777

My Links:
Posted: 11th Jan 2012 - 11:29 Quote
Quote:

I had the Asus Eee Pad Transformer. That had two I think.

Great tablet, but I realised quite soon a tablet wasn't for me. I need to use programs like InDesign, and complex web pages like Drupal that a touchscreen is just too annoying to use.

So I sold it and stuck to my netbook and desktop!

This is why I don't particularly use my tablet all that much other than casual browsing/surfing and reading books in bed (as Kindle isn't backlit) aside from that it's still a gimmik.

The one thing it is really good at is using Adobes new set of apps (which are admittedly WIP) on android which allow me to prototype/wireframe websites/apps etc in minutes with the client. that's pretty cool.

Matt

Come Get Some Awesome ^^

twitstamp.com

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts

Michael Mertens
Mertens IT Consulting
Telephone:
01395 548243

My Links:
Posted: 11th Jan 2012 - 23:32 Quote
Quote:
What's nuts is in 5 years time how dated current tech and OS will seem.

My 3 year old was tapping the screen of my laptop puzzled as to how it's not working

Was it on BBC click or somewhere where I saw a toddler trying out pinch gestures on a real printed paper magazine?

Where has the world come to?

Proper IT CONSULTING and support in the West Country for small businesses.
eMail  contact on request (too much spam otherwise)

"For the first time ever, I could actually understand what a computer guy was talking about and why it was relevant for my business." That's what I do. I speak your language. I'm not just selling stuff.

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @MacManDevon

Gareth Coxon
Dot Design Media Ltd
Telephone:
0845 519 2568

My Links:
Posted: 12th Jan 2012 - 09:23 Quote
Quote:

Not much to add...

.... will the iTV be out this year, that is more interesting

Absolutely!
Rumours abound about Apple TV already, should be interesting to see what they release.

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @GarethDotDesign

Brian Duffy
ZestTech Limited
Telephone:

My Links:
Posted: 12th Jan 2012 - 10:56 Quote

i think the app market is going to implode and devices running them will feel like consoles rather than poots. I see the app market as a sticking plaster over the current problem of bandwidth and connectivity. With on line gaming starting to look so good, as soon as you get a good connection you will never think app again. First out of teh stable with a decent 4G will be a game changer.

its all about ease of access. The least easy access part about the fruitmakers fondleslab is its price.

Cloud Computing turns technology into a predictable, inexpensive service. Take advantage of your competitive advantage.

Brian@zesttech.co.uk
07919 147 307

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts

Danny Slevin
Customer Insight
Telephone:
07894 293 081

My Links:
Posted: 12th Jan 2012 - 11:04 Quote
Quote:

Think back five years, the iPhone was first about to be announced! Five years time, I think we'll move into controller-less devices, or where we become the device.

Right, that's me terrified!

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @danny_slevin

Rob Williams
Car Phone Company Ltd
Telephone:
07973 392838

My Links:
Posted: 12th Jan 2012 - 18:26 Quote
Quote:

It'll be shinier. And make you bend over more when you pay for it at the counter.

And i'll be there, bent over and ready. 

As you all guessed.

Big change is rumoured to be the display maybe quadrupling the pixel count. Not that the current display is bad. 

But sometimes just having a faster device shifts things. The improved speed on accessing emails stored in large mailboxes makes small savings on time regularly: multiplied across a year, it saved me loads of time and enabled me to have more data on board. 

That meant i used it more, did stuff quicker and that brought a benefit to my business and my life. Some times a lot of little things add up to a hell of a lot.

There's less obsolescence on a tablet than a mobile as the inbuilt spec on an iPad one was pretty damn good. it's harder to make it hit the memory/speed wall compared to an old iphone. 

iOS has to bring something gamechanging and processor thirsty to iPad3 to cripple/obsolete the original version. 

USB isn't coming or a smart card slot. Unauthorised devices breaking the UI, routes to ping on malware.

TBH icloud/dropbox/etc gets your files on it/accesed on it easily if you know what you are doing so USB not a deal breaker. You cant USB to add functionality on: how many companies are going to write a driver for the iPad or be allowed to? Most accessories you want to plug in can communicate via WiFi or Bluetooth to the iPad (and a premium price charged to the end user to buy said device) so device manufacturers are going to cry too much about the lack of it easier. 

New stuff comes along thats innovative to fill the holes. check this out for example. 

Doxie Go 

That's how i want to scan on the move. I don't want a cable to forget/break/lose

twitter pagelinked in profilefacebookget in touch
efficient thinking
View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @carphonecompany

Brad Burton
4Networking
Telephone:
0845 123 4444

My Links:
Posted: 12th Jan 2012 - 19:05 Quote
I'm such Rob fan boy

Brad BurtonBrad Burton Twitter Link to BradBurton.biz Brad Burton MD 4Networking Life. Business. Just got easier. Link to BradBurton.biz Link to BradBurton.biz

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @Bradburton

Rob Williams
Car Phone Company Ltd
Telephone:
07973 392838

My Links:
Posted: 12th Jan 2012 - 20:14 Quote

I meant suppliers would be happy that they can sell higher priced iPad enabled items (with inbuilt improved margins) and make current kit obsolete. 

Thanks Brad. I adhere to the Roy Walker "catchphrase" rule: say what you see.

It's just sometimes i see things a little different to the norm. What did the classic Apple ad say?

twitter pagelinked in profilefacebookget in touch
efficient thinking
View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @carphonecompany

Tom Lawrence
Regional Leader and TLC Office Supplies
Telephone:
0845 2222 456

My Links:
Posted: 12th Jan 2012 - 20:41 Quote

Does this mean I've got to get my kit of again to win an iPad3 - Now that is firghtning.

You know you want to! Tweet me! Like me! Email me!
View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @TLC_Tom

Brad Burton
4Networking
Telephone:
0845 123 4444

My Links:
Posted: 12th Jan 2012 - 20:49 Quote
/\ ladies man

Brad BurtonBrad Burton Twitter Link to BradBurton.biz Brad Burton MD 4Networking Life. Business. Just got easier. Link to BradBurton.biz Link to BradBurton.biz

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @Bradburton

Kevin Arrow
Sark E Media
Telephone:
07816 528421

My Links:
Posted: 12th Jan 2012 - 20:49 Quote

no Tom, please, my eyes are still bleeding

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @KevinArrow

Matthew Clark
Think E Cigs
Telephone:

My Links:
Posted: 13th Jan 2012 - 18:41 Quote

Its looking good.  But im an Android man thru and thru and luckily, my XOOM should be getting the icecream sandwich update

( also trading as www.smokesummit.com )

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @smokesummit
Page: « 1 2

To reply to this topic please sign in or register.