Too many social media gurus?

Back
Page: « 1 2
  16th Mar 2012 - 09:58 16th Mar 2012
Jenny Esther
Store Express

I think its wrong to connote this as a marketing or scamming trick. It works and it is absolutely ethical so why the complains. Also for thoes who really care enough to use the internet to sell their products better, perhaps having an EBay store design that is professional sure does help.

16th Mar 2012 - 09:58 16th Mar 2012
Jenny Esther
Store Express

I think its wrong to connote this as a marketing or scamming trick. It works and it is absolutely ethical so why the complains. Also for thoes who really care enough to use the internet to sell their products better, perhaps having an EBay store design that is professional sure does help.

16th Mar 2012 - 10:01 16th Mar 2012
Peter Maynard
Davis Gregory
Quote:

I came accross this the other day from David Armano which made me chuckle, of course the reality is much much worse ;)

I'm definitely using this - first time I've ever seen a list with the lawyer not at the bottom of the pile!!

16th Mar 2012 - 10:24 16th Mar 2012
Danny Slevin
Customer Insight
Quote:

Here's a little friday morning challenge for you - try doing a post without mentioning EBay Store Design. Go....

16th Mar 2012 - 10:57 16th Mar 2012
Brad Burton
4Networking
This thread is so full of win
  16th Mar 2012 - 11:21 16th Mar 2012
Michael Thomas
BlueEyed Digital Mar...

Brilliant graphic, but sad reality tbh.

If you've actually gained expertise in an area over a long period of time, you will have earnt enough respect to call yourself an expert. With social media, we research social media avenues and are constantly learning, no one can truly call themselves an expert at it - it's constantly changing. I've been delivering and immersing myself in social media for 6 years. Others have been doing it 3-6 months and call themselves a trainer or a consultant - jokers.

It's like the 'expert' estate agent or 'expert' recruitment consultant and sadly like any profession - too many charletans out there unfortunately who give the industry a bad name.

16th Mar 2012 - 21:47 16th Mar 2012
Alex McCann
Altrincham HQ

Agree with everything Michael and Dave had said above....

... the scepticism we come against is because of exactly the same scenario as above - and i'd say less that 3-6 months - more like weeks in some occassions

16th Mar 2012 - 23:07 16th Mar 2012
adam stevens
Intelligent Eating
Quote:
Quote:

Here's a little friday morning challenge for you - try doing a post without mentioning EBay Store Design. Go....

Danny, atleast hyperlink their anchor text for them.... I mean c'mon, it's a tough road to the top of Google, give 'em a little dollop of help eh?

Page: « 1 2

To reply to this topic please sign in or register.