What do the members want?

Page: « 1 2 3 4 »
Les Taylor
Offsite Ltd
Telephone:
01245 231900

My Links:
Posted: 20th Mar 2012 - 23:05 Quote

For me I would like the meetings to be more about 1 2 1's rather than repeating the same script week in week out.  It is extremely boring  and really doesn't benefit existing members.  As I type this I do so in the knowledge that almost nobody on this Forum is likely to agree with me!

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts

Stefan Thomas
4Networking
Telephone:
0845 123 4444

My Links:
Posted: 21st Mar 2012 - 06:08 Quote
Hi Les,

The meeting format isn't going to change. The script DOES benefit existing members as it explains the format to visitors and encourages them to join. Out of a 2 hour meeting the script is less than 10 minutes long so even if we ditched it, it wouldn't gain much.

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @NoRedBraces

Matthew Purser
Edgeward Ltd
Telephone:
01707 830777

My Links:
Posted: 21st Mar 2012 - 10:52 Quote

Join up online and offline - Give users a compelling reason to login and interact on the site. No matter how much you 'big up' these forums it's an insignificant amount of people who contribute and interact vs paying members who attend breakfasts.

There is no 'killer app' - To get users to login you need something to make them login for. You're now promoting yourselves as the Social Business Network without doing any of the Social Network stuff that every other social network is really good at doing. Again, the handful of people who contribute on a daily/weekly basis is not enought to label yourselves as a 'Social Network'.

That's my starter for 10, there's a million and one things you can do online as you're well aware, I think you'd be best served figuring out the best way to get more engagement from off to online, truly joining it up beyond forums, rather than spending money on bevelled orange buttons.

Come Get Some Awesome ^^

twitstamp.com

Julian Wellings
Expertise on Tap
Telephone:
01242 696728

My Links:
Posted: 21st Mar 2012 - 13:05 Quote

Better QA for 4Sights.
It's not often that I see a duff 4Sight slot but when I do it affects the positive energy of the meeting.  Either because it's too long, a boring topic or a boring speaker.
4N is thankfully light touch in terms of rules it imposes on members so I don't know how you'd implement QA. At the moment it seems to be that demand outstrips supply so anyone who puts their hand up to do one gets snapped up, no questions asked.

Expertise On Tap - Email & Video Marketing

Call: 01242 696728

Visit: Expertiseontap.co.uk

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @expertiseontap

Ian Hellary
Safe2Connect Contracting Ltd
Telephone:
01480 454 386

My Links:
Posted: 21st Mar 2012 - 14:31 Quote
Quote:

Better QA for 4Sights.
It's not often that I see a duff 4Sight slot but when I do it affects the positive energy of the meeting.  Either because it's too long, a boring topic or a boring speaker.
4N is thankfully light touch in terms of rules it imposes on members so I don't know how you'd implement QA. At the moment it seems to be that demand outstrips supply so anyone who puts their hand up to do one gets snapped up, no questions asked.

If it was that duff then maybe they wouldn't get asked again so they would QA themselves in a way?

just an opinion.

Ian Hellary

Business Development Manager

Safe2Connect Contracting Ltd

Tel: 01480 454386 

Mob:07900 694796

Email ianhellary@safe2connect.co.uk

Online: http://safe2connect.co.uk

Telephone:

My Links:
Posted: 21st Mar 2012 - 15:00 Quote

for poached eggs to be mandatory at every 4N venue

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @JamesMillman

Chris Knight
The Insurance Knight Consultancy
Telephone:

My Links:
Posted: 21st Mar 2012 - 15:54 Quote

I see the BNI members often wear a pin badge (with pride) indicating they are a member of some secret sect. But seriously, although we have a name badge, perhaps something a bit similar that we could wear to other events that we would be asked about and would promote 4N. Car stickers maybe!

Chris Knight

Owner of a Commercial Insurance brokerage. 

Email: chris@theinsuranceknight.co.uk

Tel: 07528 153298.

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @Insuranceknight

Gareth Mailer
Clickwork Media
Telephone:
0844 870 7281

My Links:
Posted: 21st Mar 2012 - 19:07 Quote
Quote:
rather than spending money on bevelled orange buttons.

I really hate this acronym, but in this instance it's necessary: LOL. 

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @GarethMailer

Liam Hamilton
1 Click Website
Telephone:

My Links:
Posted: 21st Mar 2012 - 19:19 Quote
Quote:

More local groups (I see Worcester is being launched which is great news) and maybe a revisiting of the 4loyalty structure (especially as it sounds like the welcome back campaign was a great success)

+1 to more LOCAL groups - more than two in the whole of Gloucestershire would be great (especially given the high attendances at Cheltenham recently). Worcester is something but this is still outside the county.

I would like to see more meetings in locations near train stations rather than motorway junctions.

1 Click Website provides Website Hosting, Cheap Domain Names, Search Engine Optimisation, Website Development and much, much more

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @ukwebsitehost

Gareth Gillman
Gareth Gillman Website design
Telephone:
01285 323455

My Links:
Posted: 21st Mar 2012 - 19:54 Quote
Quote:
Quote:

More local groups (I see Worcester is being launched which is great news) and maybe a revisiting of the 4loyalty structure (especially as it sounds like the welcome back campaign was a great success)

+1 to more LOCAL groups - more than two in the whole of Gloucestershire would be great (especially given the high attendances at Cheltenham recently). Worcester is something but this is still outside the county.

I would like to see more meetings in locations near train stations rather than motorway junctions.

The problem with train stations are they are normally in the centre of town, with no parking and can be a right pain to get too. The out of town venues like Cheltenham and Cirencester meetings are perfect as they are easy to get too and have acres of parking space and somewhere we can carry on meetings afterwards.

Cirencester meeting is really easy to get too, the Cheltenham > Swindon bus drives straight past the venue but I don't think the first leaves Cheltenham till 8, which is a pain.

I found it a right pain to get to meetings when I didn't have my car so only had the single group membership, so I know how difficult it can be, but in my opinion, the town centres venues are of a poorer quality than out of town ones.

Regarding Gloucestershire meetings, there are very few "large" towns in the area that would have enough scope to run a meeting, they won't have many adequate facilities and getting to the smaller towns within G'shire can be quite tricky on the back roads.

If there was to be other G'shire meetings, the only places that I could see them happening are Stow and Burford but the facilities in the area for 40+ people are minimal and both have really poor access from outside the county.

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @gareth_gillman

Paul Baldwin
Cass-Stephens Insurances Ltd
Telephone:
01452 300889

My Links:
Posted: 21st Mar 2012 - 21:48 Quote
Gareth - larger Glos towns incl Tewkesbury & Stroud, plus of course the City of Gloucester!

PAUL BALDWIN                                                                                                                                                            Online Travel Insurance Quotations
DIRECTOR, CASS-STEPHENS INSURANCES LTD                                                
Business Insurance | House Insurance | Professional Indemnity
www.cass-stephens.co.uk
Call me on 01452 300889 / 07890 063456
TWITTER - @Paul_Baldwin        LinkedIn - Paul Baldwin       Google+ Cass-Stephens                                                                                                                                                                                        

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @paul_baldwin

Gareth Gillman
Gareth Gillman Website design
Telephone:
01285 323455

My Links:
Posted: 21st Mar 2012 - 22:03 Quote

Tewkesbury - Forgot it existed ... definitely a good place to have one (wasn't there one before)

Stroud - Would you really want to go into Stroud at 8am? I sure don't (it's a nightmare) and suitable venues are rare.

Gloucester  - Same as above (Cars backup miles at air balloon at rush hour) but if we can get a really good location away from the centre then it may work.

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @gareth_gillman

Shane Andrews
RailHelp.co.uk
Telephone:

My Links:
Posted: 21st Mar 2012 - 22:14 Quote
Quote:

Forum Preview posts back

Logos back at bottom of Page

Articles to be burnt with Fire

Postcode search function on meetings site - not sure why this is not on there but it would be so helpful!

Everything else is awesome, carry on.

+1, like and retweet for all these!!!

Check us out on the most popular social media platforms, more info here.

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @gingio

Julian Wellings
Expertise on Tap
Telephone:
01242 696728

My Links:
Posted: 21st Mar 2012 - 22:41 Quote

@Gareth   Tewkesbury has been tried twice and there used to be group in Stroud in 2007/08.  
Being totally honest,  an issue I had when we had Gloucester, Cheltenham and Tewkesbury all in a triangle was I kept seeing the same people - there's only so much digging deeper you can do!
Personally I'd prefer to see focus put on this region as a whole. For example I'm prepared to travel (and I appreciate not everyone can do this) so for me a great South Midlands combination would be...
Cirencester | Cheltenham | Evesham | Worcester | Redditch/Bromsgrove.  Thus plugging the current gap between Cheltenham and Birmingham.

Expertise On Tap - Email & Video Marketing

Call: 01242 696728

Visit: Expertiseontap.co.uk

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @expertiseontap

Carl Nixon
Excel Expert Ltd
Telephone:
029 2125 1450
Posted: 21st Mar 2012 - 22:44 Quote

I think a once a month or once every two months regional or local meeting would be good. Not all of us can get around all the meetings in their region, so a once a month chance to meet people you wouldnt normally meet would be something to jump at

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @CarlNixon
Page: « 1 2 3 4 »

To reply to this topic please sign in or register.