Callback

Smartphones HTC Desire S (or ano) v iPhone 4S for business use?

Marie Clement
Elite Edge Marketing Consultants Ltd
Telephone:
07793 908 983

My Links:
Posted: 2nd Apr 2012 - 21:26 Quote

My mobile contract expires this month and I'm wondering whether to go for an iPhone 4S. 

Can anyone who has switched from Android to Apple summarise real life (from actually using the handsets) pros and cons please? 

Currently I use a HTC Desire S which is fine - except battery goes down quick if doing anything other than talk - I suspect this is the same on all smartphones?

Open to considering other handsets if any out there are better than these two! 

Thanks.

Marie Clement, Managing Director, Elite Edge Marketing Consultants Ltd

Mobile: 07793 908983         LinkedIn          Twitter: @marieclement          Skype: mm.clement

NO WIDGET? NO PROBLEM! SPEAK TO ME ABOUT MARKETING YOUR SERVICE-BASED BUSINESS.Elite Edge for Strategic Planning and Communications

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @marieclement

Richard Jenkins
Stress Free Software
Telephone:
07565 917675

My Links:
Posted: 2nd Apr 2012 - 21:46 Quote

As you're obviously going to be used to using the Android OS, I'd recommend sticking with an Android phone unless there's a compelling reason to switch (i.e. a feature that iOS has that you really want). All smartphones have less than stellar battery life, I'm afraid - try turning the screen brightness down slightly and disabling WiFi when you're not using it.

I've used both iPhones and Android handsets (currently use a 3Gs) and found little real difference between them (although to be fair, I jailbreak my iDevices to get the freedom to install whatever I choose - if freedom is important and you don't want to jailbreak then Android is best).

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @rw_jenkins

Mark Bonney
Reiki Relaxation ~ Leeming Bar
Telephone:
01677 422996

My Links:
Posted: 2nd Apr 2012 - 21:47 Quote

Hi, I ummed & aaahed this time last year, I got shot of my iPhone and moved to  Samsung Galaxy S2.  It is fab, wirelessly syncronises with Outlook, Gmail so my calendars etc are spot on, great camera too, I use it Bluetooth connected through my hearing aids as it has good / better volume than other handsets I listened too not anly for calls but fo rmy music & audio books when on the move,  All in all I'm chuffed to bits with it.. (Android is good OS too) One down side is battery life, I doo have 2 spares with me most of the time, rarely have to use them though, well when not on holiday and listening to books on the beach!!

What is Reiki?    It is pronounced "ray-kee." 

http://www.121-training.net/reiki/index.htm  

#Namaste Mark

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @markbonn1982

Michael Potts
BT Local Business
Telephone:
07739 812926
Posted: 3rd Apr 2012 - 10:10 Quote

The New Android devices are now running 4.0 O/S 'Ice cream sandwich' which has additional security, bug fixes and offers improved battery life. There are a couple of new HTC devices launching soon;

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_x-4320.php This has a quadcore  1.5GHz processor, 4.7" screen, supports HSPA+ 21mbps data transfer, 32GB memory

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_one_s-4574.php This has a dualcore, 1.5GHz processor, 4.3" screen, supports HSPA+ 21 mbps data transfer, 16GB memory

These are the next generation of Android based devices and the technology outstrips that of the I-Phone 4S.

I work as a business sales manager for T-Mobile and when these devices launch(expect next week) I will be able to get a bespoke package for you. We are now fully sharing our network with Orange. I have dropped you a PM if you interested let me know.

Thanks

Michael Potts

Business Development Manager

BT Local Business

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts

Michael Goody
ColourSells Printing
Telephone:
01989 567 255

My Links:
Posted: 3rd Apr 2012 - 10:43 Quote

Michael Potts supplied my Iphone at the begining of the year. As sometimes happens in business, things didn't go exactly smoothly at first. However, once Michael knew of the problem, he took control and sorted everything out. I was receiving updates twice a day until all was resolved, and was able to reach him personally on the phone whenever I needed to speak. It's good to know you can get this level of service when it's most needed.

i've never met him; we're not related; and I don't have a crush on him.  It's just that I feel praise should be given when due.

Michael Goody

ColourSells Printing

01989 567255

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @coloursells

Mathew Butler
Business Video Experts
Telephone:

My Links:
Posted: 3rd Apr 2012 - 14:28 Quote

I recently switched from the HTC to the iphone 4S. For me and I may be going against the grain but the iphone seems better to me. The apps are better than android apps in my opinion and it syncs for easier with icloud to my Mac. Without getting too geeky my iphone wins and if you need extra space you can use the icloud.

Always going to be tough to decide when everyone has their own opinions.

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @matmakeitmedia

Lee Wrall
Everything Tech Limited
Telephone:
0161 452 3233
Posted: 3rd Apr 2012 - 15:06 Quote

I'm a huge Apple fan and love my 4S but something to else you might want to think about is charging, if your anything like me you have mobile chargers all over the place, I have an iDevice charger in every room of the house, one at the office and one n my car. Your going to need to replace all those micro USB chargers you have for apple ones.

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @wrall

Andrew "Office Supplies" Irvine
More Office Supplies
Telephone:

My Links:
Posted: 3rd Apr 2012 - 15:08 Quote

Hello Marie,

I am not sure which is the best for your requirements as i am sure they all have there pros and cons, what i will say whichever you choose please have a look at mobiles.andrewirvine.biz it compares all the latest mobiles and prices to ensure you get the best in the market.

Good luck which you choice.

Thanks

Go Zoho Mail for top class, ad-free (privacy guaranteed) email hosting. If I refer your biz, you'll get 5 bonus users http://zoho.to/zmreferrals

Find out more about the Manchester City Centre 4Networking Business Networking Meeting > http://www.4networking.biz/Events/Group/Manchester%20City%20Centre%20Lunch?ref=73243More Office Supplies Logo

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @moreoffice

Mark Blacklee
Curo Marketing Ltd
Telephone:
01325 778245

My Links:
Posted: 3rd Apr 2012 - 17:00 Quote

I have a blackberry bold 9900, battery life aint great (Lasts about 10 hours if I am hammering it with calls, emails, twitter, bbm etc) gets me through the day and like a lot of the guys here i have countless charging options round the house/office and what not.

I was swayed (swayn whatever the word is) towards blackberry because the thought of typing out long emails on a touch screen device seemed nothing short of a ball ache to be honest although as far as i went towards testing them the Iphone wasnt bad. Battery life was a deciding factor when i upgraded from the bold 9700 to the 9900. I heard the 9900 battery life wasnt great but also heard some horror stories regarding the iphones/androids. 

Despite the lack of apps I really like blackberries and with their new OS they are really starting to catch up in my opinion and BBM (Blackberry messenger) is the shizzle.

Let us know what you went for in the end :)

Marie Clement
Telephone:
07793 908 983

My Links:
Posted: 3rd Apr 2012 - 22:16 Quote
Thanks everyone and for the pm's. I'm just home and after 16 hours of meetings and driving my head is fried so I'll come back tomorrow evening. Michael I have a biz t-mobile contract now, one annoyance with htc is I cant easily sync outlook calendar need to do some comparison work!

Mobile: 07793 908983         LinkedIn          Twitter: @marieclement          Skype: mm.clement

NO WIDGET? NO PROBLEM! SPEAK TO ME ABOUT MARKETING YOUR SERVICE-BASED BUSINESS.Elite Edge for Strategic Planning and Communications

Peter Maynard
Barnes Richards Rutter
Telephone:
01291 635580

My Links:
Posted: 4th Apr 2012 - 09:26 Quote
Quote:
Thanks everyone and for the pm's. I'm just home and after 16 hours of meetings and driving my head is fried so I'll come back tomorrow evening. Michael I have a biz t-mobile contract now, one annoyance with htc is I cant easily sync outlook calendar need to do some comparison work!

Hi Marie

I have HTC Wildfire S and it syncs to my Outlook calender easily.

Best regards

Peter

Sarah Lawrence
SL First Ltd
Telephone:

My Links:
Posted: 4th Apr 2012 - 11:55 Quote
Hi - speak to Cat Johnson from I-com. She'll answer all your enquiries.

I have an iphone, BB & HTC - it all depends on what you use it for etc

Good luck

Sarah

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @slfirstltd

Marie Clement
Telephone:
07793 908 983

My Links:
Posted: 4th Apr 2012 - 23:39 Quote

Thanks I have also downloaded the HTC Sync tool so thanks for that - I am sure when I got my contract a few years ago they said it had to be done via googlemail and it was too much messing Open Mouthed Smile

Michael, I called into have a look at those handsets today in central Manchester and they are very nice!  I may stick with HTC after all...

To reply to this topic please sign in or register.