trademark

Back
Page: 1 2 »
  11th Jan 2016 - 08:12 11th Jan 2016
Adam Stevens
Intelligent Eating

trademark

so a mate of mine sent me a screengrab of some dairy company using my name on their branding...

it's on twitter too, cos they got on 'dragons den' -  https://twitter.com/BIOTIFUL_DAIRY/status/684001850761166848

i just sent the gal an email basically saying it's trademarked - please revise your marketing.

i'm in a different class really as I don't produce 'food'...

https://www.ipo.gov.uk/tmcase/Results/1/UK00003047014

what would you do?  

11th Jan 2016 - 08:53 11th Jan 2016
Andrea Basilio
Certified LOA Facili...
Quote: adam stevens (Intelligent Eating)

so a mate of mine sent me a screengrab of some dairy company using my name on their branding...

it's on twitter too, cos they got on 'dragons den' -  https://twitter.com/BIOTIFUL_DAIRY/status/684001850761166848

i just sent the gal an email basically saying it's trademarked - please revise your marketing.

i'm in a different class really as I don't produce 'food'...

https://www.ipo.gov.uk/tmcase/Results/1/UK00003047014

what would you do?  

Morning Adam, I am guessing this is a legal issue so you might want to speak to a lawyer. 

Andrea 

11th Jan 2016 - 08:54 11th Jan 2016
Adam Stevens
Intelligent Eating

maybe, maybe not.

I've had several come and go over the last few years (companies using the name). 

11th Jan 2016 - 09:08 11th Jan 2016
Andrea Basilio
Certified LOA Facili...

maybe, maybe not.

I've had several come and go over the last few years (companies using the name). 

I see, so you have experience in how to deal with it already. Hope it works out the way you want it to be. A

11th Jan 2016 - 09:28 11th Jan 2016
Kev Murphet
FrictionTech

Have a chat with Karen Hensman 

11th Jan 2016 - 09:38 11th Jan 2016
Mark Jones
Fit Out Finance

Does food have a specific/separate category number?

In most cases a warning will be enough to deter small businesses

11th Jan 2016 - 12:25 11th Jan 2016
Kirsty Grimes
We Love Our Locals

Karen Hensman is definitely the lady to talk to 

11th Jan 2016 - 15:18 11th Jan 2016
Chris Maslin
Maslins Accountants

I've got a little bit of experience with this.  If they can clearly argue they're in a different category to you, then unfortunately I don't think you have a case.

Having said that, can't do any harm to send them a professionally worded, scary letter.  They might not know you don't have a case and may be scared enough to comply with your requests.

Is them doing that really harming your brand?  There's a difference to causing possible confusion and harming your brand.  Are you actually losing sales because of their products?

11th Jan 2016 - 15:55 11th Jan 2016
Adam Stevens
Intelligent Eating
Quote: Chris Maslin (Maslins Accountants)

I've got a little bit of experience with this.  If they can clearly argue they're in a different category to you, then unfortunately I don't think you have a case.

Having said that, can't do any harm to send them a professionally worded, scary letter.  They might not know you don't have a case and may be scared enough to comply with your requests.

Is them doing that really harming your brand?  There's a difference to causing possible confusion and harming your brand.  Are you actually losing sales because of their products?

Likely I will use them as a case study to show how easily the general public are manipulated, and enjoy the compliment.  Absolutely, if it's in a different class there's nothing I could do legally to force them to stop using it, I could probably have 'the vegan army' destroy their social media presence but negativity doesn't really help anyone tbh.  The woman behind the brand will no doubt make some cash and that's fine, personally I couldn't live knowing that what I do is killing people (in her defence she's probably ignorant to this)- but let's be honest if I all was chasing was cash I wouldn't have kept this gig going - and it is making me cash now.  (sorry Chris - you gave me 6 months)

So remember folks, baby cow growth fluid is for baby cows - real men don't need it... or as a friend of mine so eloquently just wrote ....

We'll see - I'll post any update from them.

11th Jan 2016 - 18:52 11th Jan 2016

She seems happy to spell almost all of her words correctly, but can't be bothered to spell "don't", "you", "be", "are", "because" and "what".

*shakes head in disbelief*

11th Jan 2016 - 19:47 11th Jan 2016
Mark Jones
Fit Out Finance

Not admiring your recent role models Adam!

11th Jan 2016 - 19:49 11th Jan 2016
Edmund Burke
Burke Enterprise

We'll see - I'll post any update from them.

Ever want a man to do something? Tell him it will make him a 'real man.' That woman is shaming personified (she clearly does a lot of it), it's all the more pathetic so many men fall for WOMEN telling them what a 'real man' is. How would they know? They don't have a clue. 

More to the point, can you imagine the collective outrage if a male public figure went on TV, or wrote an article, telling women how to be 'real women'? 'Hey, you, get back to the kitchen - that's what REAL women do!' Pathetic, cultural relativism which is only ever acceptable in one direction. 

11th Jan 2016 - 20:02 11th Jan 2016
Adam Stevens
Intelligent Eating

I think these people add me from the vegan groups lol - i went from about 1500 'friends' to about 5,000 in a few months.. random. 

Anyway, she's right about vegetarians - they are pussies.  Arnie said it too.

11th Jan 2016 - 20:08 11th Jan 2016
Paul Baldwin
Cass-Stephens Insura...

Is it your company name or logo that is protected Adam? I see Waitrose offer Intelligent Eating eggs

11th Jan 2016 - 20:21 11th Jan 2016
Adam Stevens
Intelligent Eating

Both, and yes they do.  I often put my biz cards inside them.

Page: 1 2 »

To reply to this topic please sign in or register.