VAT registration

Back
  11th Sep 2017 - 15:22 11th Sep 2017
Allyson Wond.
Rentalcourt

VAT registration

Hey,

I’m new to startup business, but trying to open one here in the UK. The problem I am interested right now is registration for VAT, and in particular things you need to know before registration.

I’ve found this accounting company, they seem pretty competent, but I simply don’t know what to ask about.  Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.

11th Sep 2017 - 15:43 11th Sep 2017
Duncan Jay
Highfield Strand Ass...

Personally, I would look at accountants who can help with all start up issues, including VAT registration. I'm happy to talk you through things and recommend someone.

Cheers

Duncan

11th Sep 2017 - 16:03 11th Sep 2017
Robert Killington
The Fun VAT Man

Who are your customers? If they are businesses being VAT registered from the start may be useful. On the other hand, if your customers are consumers, only registering when you have to might be better. The VAT registration limit is currently £85,000 a year - that's a rolling 12 months. You might want to register for VAT if you have incurred a lot of costs or are going to in the set up phase so you can recover the VAT you're charged by your suppliers.

Your profile indicates that you are an agent. What sort? You need to make sure you take advice to make sure that you are able to deal with VAT issues for agents correctly.

11th Sep 2017 - 18:05 11th Sep 2017
James Chisholm
Meschi Consultants

Hi Allison,

I am Wirral based and happy to have a chat with you over a coffee regarding this if you would like to ;-)

Thanks

James 

Quote: Allyson Wond. (Rentalcourt)

Hey,

I’m new to startup business, but trying to open one here in the UK. The problem I am interested right now is registration for VAT, and in particular things you need to know before registration.

I’ve found this accounting company, they seem pretty competent, but I simply don’t know what to ask about.  Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.

To reply to this topic please sign in or register.