The single most useful book I’ve read over the last three or four years is “The One Thing” by Gary Keller

Back
  11th Apr 2018 - 07:27 11th Apr 2018
* Clancy
Network2080

The single most useful book I’ve read over the last three or four years is “The One Thing” by Gary Keller

If you haven’t digested a copy yet, then I urge you to do so. If you want fewer distractions and less on your plate, if you want to deal with the daily barrage of emails, texts, tweets and Facebook posts that distract you and stress you out, then this book will help.

I’m a big fan of lists. Pretty much everything I have to do is on one of three lists:

My A-List is the really important stuff that’s going to move me and my business forward - that’s my priority every day and it’s what gets focused on during my 90 minutes.

My B-List is the stuff that has to be done, things like paying bills, staff appraisals, team communication, that sort of thing.

And then there’s my C-List. What I discovered several years ago is that I never do anything on my C-List. C-List is stuff that’s not urgent and not important. Once it becomes either urgent or important, it makes it onto the B-List and gets done, but I’ve stopped trying to do everything – and that’s the key.

And you should stop trying to do everything too. Because you can’t. And you never will.

Nigel Botterrill - Entrepreneurs Cicle

12th Apr 2018 - 09:38 12th Apr 2018
Bernard Keavy
Exponentialgrowth4u....

Fully agree.  20% of what you do gets you 80% of your results so prioritise.

12th Apr 2018 - 17:01 12th Apr 2018
John Edward
Bestmortgage4u

Just found a pdf of this book so I will have a read http://forleadership.org/wp-content/uploads/The-One-Thing.pdf

To reply to this topic please sign in or register.