Is the 4n forum dead?

Back
Page: 1 2 »
  13th Apr 2018 - 00:45 13th Apr 2018
Alexandra Dunton
LEX Marketing

Is the 4n forum dead?

Hello to any business night owls!

People have recently told me that no one posts on here, so I thought I'd write here and see what happens. 

Aside from this curiosity, I'd love your opinions, please...

I'm doing my debut 4sight later this month at Sunny Salford Quays. I've seen some great 4sights by other members in the past. I'd love your opinions on what makes a great 4sight or any tips on presenting a 4sight from any existing 4ners!

Thanks so much. 💜

13th Apr 2018 - 09:06 13th Apr 2018
Lee Rickler
Point and Stare

Don't pitch.

No ugly powerpoint.

Give us something to take away, a tip or hint etc.

13th Apr 2018 - 09:24 13th Apr 2018
Alexandra Dunton
LEX Marketing

Thanks Lee. Great advice, I will keep this in mind. Have a lovely weekend.

13th Apr 2018 - 12:40 13th Apr 2018
Paul OrangeTree
OrangeTree Online

I think a good 4sight is straight forward.

It's interesting.

It leaves me with something to think about.

I agree with the no powerpoint bit. It clutters the 4sight, and in many venues, it is not going to work well.

Relax.  Put some value content in.  Be  you.  And enjoy it. 

13th Apr 2018 - 14:21 13th Apr 2018
Chris Maslin
Maslins Accountants

As someone in marketing, doing a 4sight is perhaps easier than for many other industries. Virtually everyone will be marketing their business/themselves to some extent, so should be easy to talk about something everyone can benefit from.

...but yeah, the forum's dead, has been for a year or so.

13th Apr 2018 - 19:36 13th Apr 2018
John Edward
Bestmortgage4u

In answer to your opening title - Yes the Forum is dead

I think purchasing band width to run a forum is a high cost and maybe the people making the decisions about the forum were quite happy when people migrated to the 4N Community page on Facebook.

In answer to your question about 4Sights - Top tips are

Be yourself

Show your personality and character when you 4Sight

Give people an insight into your world and make it interesting and allow it to show you are an expert.

Do not have any call to action - no come and talk to me if you need further information

Your presentation may be done and people approach you weeks or months later when they have a need for your services so do not worry if there is no instant take up for your services.

Have fun and enjoy

15th Apr 2018 - 22:06 15th Apr 2018
Alexandra Dunton
LEX Marketing

Thanks Paul, I agree no powerpoint. I was thinking about doing a hand out though. A helpful hand-out, not a salesy one!  Have a great week ahead!

15th Apr 2018 - 22:08 15th Apr 2018
Alexandra Dunton
LEX Marketing

Thanks Chris! Yes, my 4sight is intended to help all business owners with some simple tips to reflect on before allocating a marketing budget. I wanted to pick a subject that relatable and I figure every person in the room would have or work for a business that needs marketing. Ok, I wasn't just being cheeky, lots have people have told me this! I believe it used to be more active. Thanks for your input! Have a great week ahead! Alex

15th Apr 2018 - 22:10 15th Apr 2018
Alexandra Dunton
LEX Marketing

Thanks so much John! Love these tips. Ok, I will let the 4sight speak for itself. Have a great week ahead!

16th Apr 2018 - 10:47 16th Apr 2018
Tim Allsop
Blue Footprint Ltd

The best one's i've seen so far have been really motivating or thought provoking. I'm a new member though (2 weeks) so have only seen 4 or so. 

16th Apr 2018 - 11:25 16th Apr 2018
Adam McCrum
AIMC Solutions

Whats happened to the old 4N on here , where we had laughs and cheers and could do what we like to get the business in

16th Apr 2018 - 14:57 16th Apr 2018
Susi Allenby-Ashman
I N T E R I O R

Hi Alexandra good luck with you first 4Sight. If I can give you any guidance on a good presentation I've done two with welcome positive feedback. The secret is to involve the members, not just talking at them! If it's only questions put out there with a show of hands, it keeps the room participating and awake ! Haha .

Try not to labour your points it is better to finish early and take questions rather than repeating yourself. GOOD LUCK and I'll look on the forum to see how it goes and no this forum is not dead!

17th Apr 2018 - 20:29 17th Apr 2018
Alexandra Dunton
LEX Marketing

Thanks for your insights Tim! Welcome to 4n, I hope you have a great experience. 

17th Apr 2018 - 20:30 17th Apr 2018
Alexandra Dunton
LEX Marketing

Ha ha Adam! I'm not sure what it was like before, but seems as though the forum is still alive! 

17th Apr 2018 - 20:33 17th Apr 2018
Alexandra Dunton
LEX Marketing

Thanks so much Susi! Some excellent pointers here and I will definitely follow this advice and try and make the 4sight interactive and inclusive! Have a great evening. Alex 

Page: 1 2 »

To reply to this topic please sign in or register.