Callback

Collecting from Heathrow Terminal 3

James Collins
Speak Out Media
Telephone:
01242 323501

My Links:
Posted: 8th May 2010 - 19:14 Quote

I'm going to be making a trip to collect Jen from Terminal 3 at Heathrow next week as she has been home to Canada for a visit.

Looking at the short stay prices they are astronomical. Is there a sneakier, better way to collect someone?

I was thinking of finding somewhere close by to wait in the car, and then wait for her to call and drive into the pick-up area for 30 seconds, loading in her case and then heading off home.

Problem is, her flight is due at 09:30, but the wait for border control can be anything between instant to about an hour, especially for her as she enters the country on a visa. This makes it impossible for me to know exactly what time to pick her up.

If anyone regularly does this procedure and has a method that works do let me know below!

ORDER GENERIC WEB PRESENTERS BY CLICKING THIS LINK:
CLICK ME :)

</p"></p"></p">

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts

Graham Harding
My Little Wrapper (Franchisee)
Telephone:
01276 33718

My Links:
Posted: 8th May 2010 - 19:40 Quote

I used to live an hour from Heathrow and my parents were flying in to Heathrow - they would ring on landing.

By the time they had got luggage, cleared customs, been to the loo, and found the exit doors I was loitering outside.

If I had to a couple of circuits in the car fine - so be it.

I also checked on ceefax whether the flight was on time or not !

Graham Harding
T/A My Little Wrapper

twitter : http://twitter.com/GPHarding

For personalised  or branded chocolate please ring 01276 33718
www.mychocwrappers.co.ukwww.mylittlewrapper.co.uk    E: graham_mlw@tiscali.co.uk

Suraj Sodha
Content Day
Telephone:
020 7129 1346

My Links:
Posted: 8th May 2010 - 20:15 Quote

i used to pick my dad up from heathrow regularly and never went into the car park. just stop with your hazard lights on at the pick-up/drop-off point outside T3 but ike Graham said sometime you have to go around a couple of times but its worth it to save the silly car park prices.

i was at luton airport today dropping off my brother and was parked for 17minutes. cost me £3. what a rip off!

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @surajsodha

Les Kinch
Parrot Hosting & Web Design
Telephone:
01297 578126

My Links:
Posted: 8th May 2010 - 20:30 Quote

how hard is it to be waiting outside the airport and drive in when someone is going through the checkout, They might have to wait 5-10 minutes for you to actually drive up and stop, but would that be an issue or can you not do that any more?

ITSocket - a new ecommerce site for IT stuff

a a
x
Telephone:
Posted: 8th May 2010 - 20:52 Quote

James, if someone is coming through on a non-UK passport, they are often quicker than those who have UK ones!

There is no-where you can stop and wait (for obvious security reasons) so the best thing is to sit on the perimeter road round by the car hire drop offs... this is where all the plane spotters sit (apparently!!) If Jen calls you once she has her bag, you will be able to drive the 1 mile or so round the perimeter road, down past the police station, through the tunnel and round to T3 in the time it will take her to get outside... Arrange a point for her to wait outside (Bus stop C for example) so you don't look like you are curb crawling!!...

Alternatively, a great idea is get her to get on a Parking Express transfer bus that will take her to the long stay car park and then meet her there!

P

David Carey
Red Balloon Creative Ltd
Telephone:
0208 570 2621

My Links:
Posted: 8th May 2010 - 21:21 Quote

There's a couple of petrol stations on the perimeter road that have coffee shops in them I think, can always park up there and wait for the call to get her.

a a
x
Telephone:
Posted: 8th May 2010 - 22:13 Quote

None on the perimeter road, but close by on the A4...

P P
PP
Telephone:
Posted: 8th May 2010 - 22:59 Quote

i had to pay about 4.50 to park at heathrow this week for just over 30 minutes. bloody rip off. next time i'm probably going to stop on the m4 services and wait for a call - its only about 5/10 mins away isnt it?

Brendan Johnson
Authentic Spirit
Telephone:
01823 352840

My Links:
Posted: 9th May 2010 - 15:47 Quote

At Birmingham Airport you now have to PAY just to drive into the drop off zone!!

http://www.authenticspirit.co.uk

Bespoke ceremonies - Helping you mark the moments that matter, saving people from bad funerals

Heart

Please plan your funeral, it saves those left behind so much pain. Check out the free funeral planner on our website, or contact me.

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @rev_BJohnson

David Carey
Red Balloon Creative Ltd
Telephone:
0208 570 2621

My Links:
Posted: 9th May 2010 - 17:20 Quote
Quote:

i had to pay about 4.50 to park at heathrow this week for just over 30 minutes. bloody rip off. next time i'm probably going to stop on the m4 services and wait for a call - its only about 5/10 mins away isnt it?

Yep, not far at all.

If anyone's going up there (at a reasonable hour!) and fancies a coffee give me a shout. I live in Heston, literally on the A4, so could go for a coffee either on the services or at mine whilst you're waiting for the call to collect.

First Name Last Name
Company Name
Telephone:
Posted: 9th May 2010 - 18:11 Quote

The secret is Colnbrook. Trust me. Less than 10 minutes from the terminals, fairly quiet place, and you can wait there until she calls and says she is out of the airport.

Telephone:
01438 832724

My Links:
Posted: 9th May 2010 - 18:19 Quote
Quote:

i used to pick my dad up from heathrow regularly and never went into the car park. just stop with your hazard lights on at the pick-up/drop-off point outside T3 but ike Graham said sometime you have to go around a couple of times but its worth it to save the silly car park prices.

i was at luton airport today dropping off my brother and was parked for 17minutes. cost me £3. what a rip off!

Well, Luton Airport is owned by a Spanish company whose core business is car-parks and toll-roads, so you can easily see which income stream they are interested in! They also own Cardiff and Belfast, I think, as well as a dozen overseas airports.

David Hardstaff http://davidhardstaff.com/img/winweb_frog_small.jpg

E: Send me an email ...
T: 01438 832724
M: 07722 605545

http://davidhardstaff.com/img/business_mentor_sf.png                                   

Affordable, Flexible, Integrated and Customisable ...

Join me as a Winweb Virtual Assistant - click here to find out more!

View Profile Send Message Leave Testimonial Find Posts TWEET ME @david_hardstaff

To reply to this topic please sign in or register.