ABOUT TAPIAN LLP
Tapian Training is a trading style of Tapian LLP. There are two partners, Ian Griffin and Tapiwa Chitemerere. Both are Directors in other successful property and management businesses.
Tapian Training has been established to bridge a gap in the property training marketplace. There is a niche need is for a basic introductory course for those interested in property but with no or little knowledge of how to invest in property. We teach people how to make money from property using little or none of their own money.
Tapian delivers this boutique service through a rolling six-month programme. The training is delivered to the mentees in small groups. This enables us to take the training to the people in a number of different geographic locations.
The objectives are to give our mentees the basic introduction into property investing that will enable them, with ongoing support and training, to develop into highly successful property investors if they so choose.
Tapian Training has adopted a very unique approach to the traditional training model. Our style includes the following key features:
1. We take the training to the people instead of asking mentees to travel miles to a central corporate training facility. This means that people arrive fresh and ready to learn in our interactive sessions.
2. We only work with small groups. The partners know from experience that other property Mastermind sessions can be attended by 30 or more mentees. Tapian will never have more than 14 mentees on our Mastermind days. We want the training to be personalised and for the mentees to feel free to contribute. The partners are very "hands-on" and strive to connect with each individual in the mentee group. Each partner will be responsible for a maximum of up to seven mentees.
3. We provide personal attention. Because of the small class sizes, we will be able to give each mentees individual attention. This enables the mentees to feel at ease about “asking silly questions” and enables us to a build personal relationship with each mentee.
4. Helpline. The Partners will provide a 24/7 helpline number. All calls will normally be answered within 24 hours if not immediately. Where the call is of an urgent or time sensitive nature, one of the Partners will return the call at the first opportunity.
5. No prior knowledge is needed.The training will be structured to suit complete newbies. Most of the other training available assumes some, albeit, small levels of prior knowledge.
ABOUT IAN GRIFFIN
I spent my childhood in Brighton, then went to University in Salford. I moved from Yorkshire to Essex in 1987. I live in Colchester and I am a founding partner in Tapian LLP. I am also Managing Director of Ekcle Ltd and a founding Director of Beneficial Property Solutions Ltd. I am happily married with 2 children and 3 grandchildren.
I have been a successful property investor since 2006. I am an engineer by profession, and a qualified Domestic Energy Assessor and Green Deal Advisor. I have over 25 year’s property experience. This experience includes large Commercial and Retail estates together with social and private housing. I have a portfolio of Buy to Let properties that provide a regular source of income.
People would say that I am reliable, honest and trustworthy. I believe in being punctual for meetings and have had a good fortune that has enabled me to develop and grow long-term business, social and personal relationships. Every person that I meet is different and completely unique. I take time to listen to them, get to understand their needs and to offer innovative “out of the box” solutions.
I value the business "partnerships" that I have with Tapiwa Chitemerere in Tapian and with Renata Williams in Beneficial Property Solutions. The benefits of working together maximise the outcomes from different skill sets not to mention some wonderful banter from time to time. Sometimes, working on your own can be a lonely place.
4Networking and Me
I was introduced to business networking in my last corporate role. I liked the concept but really didn't like the group that my MD had decided I should join. On leaving corporate, I looked at various other business networking groups before joining 4Networking in early 2016. My home group is Colchester, but I do believe in making the most from the "Passport" system and regularly attend the Braintree and Ipswich breakfast meetings and two lunchtime events in London. I am currently Group Leader for London Shoreditch Lunch which is held on alternating Wednesdays.
I have used many of the 4N businesses to service my business and indeed nearly all of the investors in Beneficial Property Solutions have come from the 4N community.
Effective property management is all about planning, effective communications and people management. These skills are evident through a variety of past investment projects. These include:
Although I don’t have any trade accredited skills, I have acquired a wide range of self-taught practical skills. These include:
I have completed many training courses and keep up to date with current developments in the field of property investment and development and changes in property law and taxation. This is achieved through networking, webinars, studying online and reading. The journey of learning and discovery continues and will never cease; like in any other field, it is the key to success.
I enjoy a long-term mentorship with Mark I‘Anson Training and have recently completed a year-long Mastermind programme at Assets for Life. I regular property networking meetings to share knowledge and learn from the successes of other property professionals. This includes the Progressive Property Network, Property Investors Network and the Baker Street Property Meet in London.