Charlie Brown (Charlie Brown Associates Ltd)
|Last online||19th Feb 2013|
|Member since||16th Jun 2008|
|Number of views||1270|
|Number of posts||29|
|Number of testimonials||2|
|Marketing and sales|
|Business & Management|
Working with business owners and managers to improve their business performance through improved marketing, sales and profitability.
- Effective marketing
- Expanding your brand
- Improving efficiency and business performance
- Providing support ranging from business coaching to training to planning and implementation
- Increasing sales
- Increasing profits
- Improving personal and personnel performance
- Delivering success.
A business development specialist with extensive experience in change management, marketing, CRM, branding, and customer services. I have developed highly successful businesses and marketing operations in the further education, legal, financial services, mail order and collectible sectors. I have extensive management experience; excellent analytical skills; and a reputation for strong leadership.
Business Change and Development
- As a KPMG Associate, worked with various clients on change management; strategy and planning development; organisation design and development; process management and improvement; CRM and customer service development.
- Reviewed, restructured and implemented changes to The College of Law’s sales and marketing operations. This involved field sales, marketing and telemarketing, and resulted in a highly motivated and successful team.
- Instigated and conducted a full scale product review for Legal Network Television, the results of which increased sales and customer satisfaction. In some cases sales increased by 20%, matched by a reduction in operating costs.
- Reviewed and introduced improvements to personnel and processes in customer service departments at The College of Law, the Wine Society, and Britannia Music.
- Played a major part in the transformation of N&P Building Society into a modern, customer focussed financial services provider.
- Introduced and developed database marketing and CRM for The College of Law, Legal Network Television, the Wine Society, Thomas Pink, and N&P Building Society. All leading to increased sales and ROI for each.
- Managed a number of brands, and their development. Including The College of Law, the Wine Society, and N&P Building Society. Brand awareness measures were substantially increased across all three of these organisations.
- Produced effective sales and marketing campaigns for the organisations I have worked for. Effective in terms of meeting and/or exceeding targets for sales or customer retention and satisfaction.
- Increased The College of Law’s Professional Development Division’s sales, by around 20% in some areas, by introducing a consortium concept, taking in-house training to new customers.
- Improved their public course fill rates, increasing sales and profitability.
- LNTV is the College’s distance learning operation with a “plateaued” product, and I increased average annual subscription values in excess of 6% per annum, despite subscriber numbers falling by circa 5% per annum.
- Increased sales and ROI for the Wine Society’s mail order business. Margin increased by 5 to 8% per annum.
- Reviewed the Wine Society’s French retail operation and turned it from a loss maker into a profit maker within one year.
- Set up Thomas Pink’s mail order operation, doubling turnover and making it profitable in our first year.
Management and Leadership
- Led, managed and developed teams and individuals, from field sales teams to call centre staff to marketing personnel
- Trained and developed individuals and teams of up to 40+ members.