John Heslop (Chemex)
|Last online||25th May 2013|
|Member since||10th Mar 2009|
|Number of views||4952|
|Number of posts||798|
|Number of testimonials||13|
What I Do
|CLEANING AND HYGEINE SUPPLIES|
|Catering Disposables & Cleaning Supplies|
My Company Information
Janitorial, Chemical & Hygiene Products Yorkshire
Chemex Yorkshire is a leading supplier of quality chemical and hygiene products to local businesses in the Doncaster, Sheffield, Hull, Wakefield and East Yorkshire areas. We also provide COSHH awareness training and also offer a free consultancy service.
My background, like that of my business partner Keith Nutton, is in mechanical engineering in the mining industry. Back in 2000, we changed direction and opened a Chemex franchise.
We started in the Doncaster, Selby and Goole areas and the business has expanded rapidly. We now also cover Sheffield, Hull, East Yorkshire and Wakefield.
A keen networker, I am a 4Networking Regional Leader in Yorkshire. I work actively with other Chemex franchisees and I am happy to talk to anyone who is interested in becoming a Chemex franchisee.
Save £000s with Waterless Urinals!
This innovative idea sounds a bit off-putting, but it is completely odourless and can save your business thousands of pounds in water bills!
- Any premises with urinals which use a constant feed of water to service them is potentially pouring thousands of pounds down the drain every year!
- Water bills are going up every year and often it is gent's urinals which are the biggest single user of water in a premises.
- Our Waterless Urinal System replaces water with chemicals which render all urine odourless and dispose of it safely.
- Football stadiums
- Hotels and Restaurants
- Health Clubs
- Entertainment Arenas
We are recognised within Chemex as one of the best.
In 2009 Keith Nutton and John Heslop won the Chairman's Award for Excellence.
Chemex covers the whole of the UK: beyond the boundaries of our Chemex Yorkshire franchise we can put you in touch with other Chemex personnel. We have various local points of contact, depending on where you are based:
Be Prepared for Outcome 8
Chemex gives clients the complete package for Outcome 8 compliance and reputation management – systems, staff training, products, technical support – adding value and minimising cost.
The Chemex Hygiene Control Programme includes:
- Staff training in Outcome 8 compliance – their role and responsibilities
- Hand and surface hygiene products with proven biocidal credentials, independently tested to international standards
- C. diff and Norovirus control protocols
- Written protocols and procedures for premises cleaning
- COSHH and training record management to give clear audit trails
- Automated dosing for maximum economy and to assure correct and consistent dilution – thus making sure the products are always at the optimum strength.
- Laundry and janitorial products with proven biocidal credentials, independently tested to international standards
Download our Outcome 8 Briefing Document
Washroom Services: Defeating MRSA and H1N1
The quality of a business is often judged by the standard of its washroom; health and safety legislation is increasingly stringent; and threats such as the H1N1 flu virus and MRSA need to be beaten. Chemex can help with all aspects of compliance.
Chemex has a range of janitorial, chemical and hygiene products and services to help your business satisfy the needs of staff, customers and legislators. All products are delivered to your door, with no minimum order and no delivery charges:
- Over 400 products are available from our four mobile showrooms, with expert advice on efficient application. Our products lead the industry and most are supplied in a highly concentrated form, which lowers our carbon footprint and helps to reduce environmentally damaging waste.
- Whether it is hospital acquired infection control; entire hygiene systems for food preparation; or large scale laundry or dish wash systems, we have the products and expertise to give you peace of mind.
- Customised, flexible washroom services for any workplace: these include odour control, a sanitary hygiene service and nappy waste service.
- With ISO 9001-2000 accreditation, Chemex includes a number of blue chip companies amongst its 30,000 strong repeat order customer base.
- FREE onsite, no-obligation survey to identify ways in which you can cut costs.
- Advice and training in health and hygiene control. We design a package to suit company's individual needs.
- We conduct regular visits to ensure the system is working efficiently and that stock is supplied as required.
- New products and services are introduced on a regular basis to respond to new health and hygiene threats and to changing legislation.
If you are interested in becoming a Chemex franchisee, visit www.chemexfranchises.co.uk. With nearly a decade of experience, I am always available to help new franchisees to get established.
What People Say
Minimising cross infection and odours is a major factor for us. Keith and John have been able to offer us an extensive range of products to meet the Home's needs. The monitored dosage system is clear and 'user friendly' ensuring correct measures and eliminating waste - helping to reduce unnecessary costs. Staff received a recognised COSHH training and regular visits also ensure the system is working efficiently and stock is supplied as required. Chemex continues to give us a 1st Class service with good quality products.
Sarah Slack, Proprietor, Prospect House Care Home, Goole
The professional manner in which John and Keith operate is refreshing – we like the local service from a national company. They are experts on the products they deliver and know exactly what we need and when we need it as stock control is just part of the service they offer.
Keith Pells, Supervisor, National Starch, Goole
Over the last 10 years I have received quality products and excellent value for money from my local Chemex franchisee. I like the way they train my staff, look after my stock levels and supply COSHH manuals and equipment that helps me to concentrate on running my business professionally.
Alex Calzini, Proprietor, Ziniz Restaurant, Bawtry
I have been a customer of Chemex for over 9 years now and have nothing but praise for the team at Chemex Yorkshire. Whenever I need a cleaning or hygiene solution they act quickly and supply me in a timely manner. The level of customer service is second to none.
Simon Mills, Proprietor, Twelve Trees Residential Home, Sheffield
The EHO was invited recently and was happy with the systems in place and the Hygiene charts and programmes provided by Chemex.
Brad, Proprietor, Cubana Restaurant Sheffield
We have a large number of staff who play an integral part in keeping the Hotel kitchen and front of house clean. Chemex offer added value in a number of ways. One of these is the continuous free COSHH and product training. All of our staff attend a 1hr Chemex training session which ensures they are familiar with the products and have a key understanding of COSHH and its implications.
Lee Trotter, Head Chef, The Rutland Hotel Sheffield
One of the challenges we face as a restaurant is the continuous need for compliance, so that when the EHO arrives unannounced we tick all the boxes. Prior to supplying us with all our cleaning and hygiene needs Chemex carried out a free site survey, and advised us on best practice. As well as cost effective excellent products they also provided us with a bespoke Hygiene Control Programme. Chemex also manage our stock levels ensuring we are neither under or over stocked.
Marcus Lane, Proprietor, Rafters Restaurant
About John Heslop