Richard Armitage (Print-Pod)
My Company Information
Eco-friendly printing company in HuddersfieldPrintPod is an eco-friendly print company based in Huddersfield in West Yorkshire. We produce superb quality print and design products with minimal environmental impact and always at low prices.
I have worked in print and design since 1961 - almost as long as William Caxton! Using this experience, I lectured part-time in typographic design for 12 years at Huddersfield Polytechnic (now University), where I also achieved a diploma in Industrial Management after studying part-time in Huddersfield, Bradford and Leeds for 12 years.
I set up my first business, Armitage Typo/Graphics, in 1979. After 20 years of growth to 25 staff and £1.7 million turnover, this business was taken over and rebranded, eventually as Gloss Solutions. I left Gloss in 2006 to start my own business again, with business partner Darren Fisher. This was the start of Print Pod, which combines our experience and ideas to create what we believe to be the best type of print and design business – cutting edge design and quality print with a no-nonsense approach.
I am a keen business networker and you can find me at 4Networking events across Yorkshire.
Examples Of Print WorkHere is a small selection of our work: for larger images and more examples, click on 'View My Portfolio' below
What People Say
- A really big thank you for the effort put into our annual report. Both versions are absolutely fantastic! We’ve been getting really nice compliments about the design and heaps of praise from our members. It was a really tight deadline so we very much appreciate the fact you had it produced and delivered in time.
Bethan Davies, Bradford LINk
- Glowing recommendation for local printers Print-Pod. I spoke to Richard yesterday lunch to see if he could run off a print run by Thursday of 1200 A5 flyers and his response was "anything is possible". Having sent him the artwork at 9am this morning we’ll take receipt tomorrow.
Steve March, Kirklees College
- Thank you Richard and Darren for the excellent work done on our leaflet and website. The design and quality of your work has taken us up several levels and we’re now full of confidence that our image matches our product and service.
Val Dewey, Ballyhoo Balloons
Quality Print & Cutting Edge Design
PrintPod delivers outstanding quality colour print on a vast range of products. Visit the PrintPod website to see the whole range under the following headings:
- Business stationery
- Promotional print – brochures, booklets and leaflets
- Retail and point-of-sale products
- CD and DVD products
Look out for our unbeatable bi-monthly offers, featuring 2 or 3 great deals on print and design items used by every business…
PrintPod's Special Printing Techniques
- Hexachrome Colour: this uses 6 colours instead of the usual 4 and produces exceptional results – particularly good for vivid greens and oranges.
- MetalFX: this is a new process which allows us to offer metallic colours on the same page as Full Colour. We’re proud to be one of only a few companies worldwide who have passed the strict criteria required to be licensed to use this system.
- Digital Printing: ideal for short run work, giving you complete flexibility.
- Digital Embossing: exclusive to our group in 2011, this brilliant new concept gives a raised image up to 0.5mm without the use of expensive dies and indentations on the reverse of the paper – and the embossing is variable too!
PrintPod also provides:
- Graphic design
- Direct mail advice, fulfilment and savings on postage
- Leaflet dispensers and plastic business card boxe
- Display material – large format exhibition and signs
Care For The Environment
PrintPod Cares for the environment by using:
- FSC and recycled paper made using ECF technology
- Vegetable oil based ink
- Green electricity from renewable sources
- ...and all produced in an ISO14001 accredited factory
Contact us for your FREE copy of the latest PrintPod Printing Guide, full of ideas and printed samples.
Low Print Prices with No Hidden Extras
We print in batches with many similar items so you reap the benefits and only pay a fraction of the costs + you receive the highest level of personal service.
- Free delivery throughout the UK
- No file management charges
- Stochastic screening = amazing quality – no half-tone dots!
- Approved suppliers to the Charities Buying Group
Visit our website today, www.print-pod.com and receive 25% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER + look out for our latest bi-monthly special offers! 4Networking members will also receive a continuing 10% discount from our web price list.
PrintPod Printing GuideWe produce a catalogue containing printed samples and full details of our competitive prices. This is a complete print 'Bible', with real examples of our work and useful information about all of the print processes and available finishes.
To obtain your FREE copy, contact us via this site or call us on 0845 094 1510.
About Richard Armitage