Jane Swain (Women's Club)
|Last online||15th Oct 2010|
|Member since||4th Mar 2010|
|Number of views||789|
|Number of posts||26|
|Number of testimonials||0|
What I Do
|Business development and coaching|
My Favourite Links
My Company Information
The greatest success we will know is helping others succeed and grow
Women's Club is a coaching and peer mentoring group for women in the workplace.
- Welcome to www.womensclub.org.uk
- Women’s Club works as a series of Pods, with each Pod having a maximum of 10 members who support one another.
- Each Pod is therefore an intimate, supportive group, with a stable membership: so expect to make some solid new friendships and also have a lot of laughs...
- The structure of each Pod meeting ensures that there is a continuous coaching process: there is focus, performance measurement and help with the achievement of goals. But it’s also…
- Great fun…we don’t take ourselves too seriously but are seeking those who enjoy the process of collectively working to support others and themselves.
- Each Pod will meet monthly by agreement, following the launch date. Look out for Pods launching in Sheffield, Doncaster and Chesterfield, with others opening shortly.
- All meetings run from 9.30am - 12.00 noon and are by invitation only. Anyone interested in attending, please call 07846 531801 or click on 'Contact Us' at the top of the page to book your place.
- View Our Diary for details of meetings near you.
What People Say
- Taking time out to work on the business felt like an impossible dream - until I found Women's Club. I get to do some serious thinking but with lots of good humour too..
Anonymous new member, Accountant
- It's not always possible to interpret things accurately when you are close to the problem. Two hours at Women's Club changed my life and my business for the better overnight.
- Women's Club makes no promises but somehow managed to exceed all expectations I might have had of a group such as this. A unique and profoundly positive experience.
- One request for help - nine individual suggestions for a solution to my problem with successfully marketing my business led to it taking off like a rocket.
- I can truly be who I am with my Pod members. I have never felt so professionally valued or accepted so warmly on a personal basis as I do at these meetings. I recommend it as an essential business resource to any professional woman.
- I survived and came out smiling at the end of the "year from hell" in my business and this was entirely as a consequence of my involvement with and support from other members of Women's Club. It's like nothing I have ever been involved with before and must be seen to be believed.
- When you find the right tool for the job, everything you used before becomes obsolete. Women's Club ticks so many boxes for me and my business in personal and professional development terms as well as offering new business opportunities that it will save me a fortune across the board. All this and lots of laughs too... fantastic...
Manufacturing Sector Trainer,
- It was a delight to meet such inspirational women - I do believe that if I had met you
sooner my situation wouldn’t have got quite so serious!
- The confidentiality at the heart of Women's Club means that testimonials are shown here anonymously: however, they are all genuine!
Jane Swain, Women's Club
Owner: Jane SwainJane Swain has had a lifelong commitment to finding positive ways for women to overcome barriers and realise their ambitions.
Jane has considerable experience in running her own businesses over many years and understands the demands of balancing that with bringing up a family. After finishing university, where she studied law as a mature student, she also spent 9 years working as a project leader in the voluntary sector.
Jane strongly believes that progress for women in business is more productive and enjoyable when time is found to share experiences and ideas.
What Women's Club Offers
Women’s Club is in the process of becoming established and is growing fast, with first Pods opening in South Yorkshire and in Derbyshire.
- We offer groups that meet at different times of the day to ensure no women are excluded from having access to us.
- We provide two conference days annually in each region, where members attend Master Class workshops, meet for networking purposes and promote themselves and their businesses to other members.
- Typically, Women’s Club members are progressive thinkers who enjoy making positive changes in their businesses and developing their skills.
Peer MentoringTo put it simply, peer mentoring creates a situation where people can help and advise each other in a supportive, non-judgmental environment: this is exactly what Women’s Club offers.
We create the conditions where peer mentoring can be highly effective:
- We ensure a productive level of compatibility between
peer mentoring participants.
- Contributors, by all being
women, share certain common experiences irrespective of their
age, ethnicity, social class or sexuality.
- We select
members with similar backgrounds, interests and life experience:
however, while this ensures a level of compatibility, we also work hard
to develop an intriguing variety to our membership.
encourage each member to set goals and to share insights on
progress to achieving these.
- We support members by demystifying
and managing matters as diverse as finance, technology, marketing
and sales, employer and other legal compliance issues.
Joining Women's Club
Becoming a Women's Club Pod FacilitatorWe are looking for facilitators to help us grow new Pods and expand our network.
- Each Pod needs a good facilitator to ensure venues are booked, refreshments are arranged and meeting formats are adhered to.
- A good facilitator adds value to us and we reward them for their time and commitment.
- Candidates for the role will be subject to a short interview and will be expected to provide independent references e.g. from a customer/client or similar.
- Facilitators will be expected to have run a business of their own or worked in a way that is complementary to the role of facilitator in their professional or private life.
- Once accepted, a facilitator will enter into a contract with us in return for which membership fees will be waived for the duration of the role.
- Each Facilitator will be supported to grow a Pod in her city and region.
- Members recruited will generate for the facilitator a fee equivalent to 10% of the value of the member’s gross annual fee – recurring annually.
- Facilitators can operate more than one group with our agreement and guidance.
- Training will be provided on an ongoing basis and full support given with any issues that may arise between members in a Pod.
About Jane Swain