Belinda McCarthy (Belinda McCarthy Photography)
Belinda McCarthy Photography - a Somerset wedding photographer, portrait photographer and commercial image specialist.
I offer a creative and distinctive outlook into photography - helping your products stand out, your publicity images shine and your events sparkle. Working to understand your business needs, target audience and corporate personality, I'll provide unique images which speak out loud for your company and complement your public image.
- Bespoke images for websites, marketing literature and brochures
- Product photography, taken either in our studio or in your premises if products are too large or numerous to move - postal service covering the UK
- Corporate event photography - ask to see my work in 4N meetings all over the South West!
- Publicity images for press releases and marketing
- Corporate headshots and business premises images
Any moment in your life which is important enough to treasure is important enough to record with professional images. One of my particular strengths is capturing the essence of people in an unobtrusive manner, with an artistic and sensitive touch.
- Portrait Photography in Somerset, Bristol, Bath and surrounding counties - families, individuals, children and babies, maternity and model test shoots - on location at your home or chosen space.
- Wedding Photography in Somerset and across the UK - beautiful and evocative imagery capturing the emotion and excitement of your big day
- Pet Portraits - dogs, cats, horses, in fact animals of any size or shape!
- Party Photography - birthdays, anniversaries or just get-togethers you'd like captured professionally, beautifully and unobstrusively
Belinda McCarthy Photography is based in Somerset and covers the whole of the South West and South Wales for the the above services - with larger commissions and wedding bookings welcomed from all over the UK.
I was literally born into a creative and photographic family - my father was a pro photographer and film cameraman and my uncle an artist. Needless to say, I was enrolled at an early age to help with the 'family business' and so many of my formative years were spent setting up film shoots, monitoring sound levels and working in editing suites.
I've been lucky enough to also have a diverse career in photography outside of the family business, including press work as well as commercial and events. My personal 'baby' is art photography, with several of my images having been published in books and one having featured within an exhibition at the Tate Modern in London; probably my proudest moment.
Alongside working as a photographer, in the last ten years I've worked with several major regional PR agencies, managing PR accounts such as LEGO and IKEA. My route into PR was a strange one - beginning in the motor trade and then wildly diversifying into event management (where I ran my own award-winning small company) before feeling the need to get back to what I always knew I wanted to do. I've now been privileged to work with a vast array of different businesses of varying sizes - from Global Superbrands down to innovative startups - across a wide variety of different industry sectors, including toy, youth, retail, arts and ethical. Perhaps one of my favourite moments was PRing the Birmingham Opera Company's production of La Traviata at the ICC - sung in English and featuring half naked male dancers with disco balls on their heads! Certainly not a stuffy opera experience!
I'm now lucky enough to be able to concentrate on the photography side of my business full time,which gives me greater flexibility in my life. Away from work, I now live in deepest, darkest Somerset (after having tried out most of the towns and cities in England, it seems!) with my fiance, my greyhounds and a small robotic dinosaur. Sometimes the dinosaur and the dogs don't get on, but otherwise it's pretty blissful. I like drinking wine, reading books, finding moments to photograph and generally looking up at the sky feeling rather glad to be alive.