Brett Jones (Saxon Digital)
Saxon Digital provides a commercial artwork origination, scanning and trouble shooting service for clients all over the country. All projects catered for, large or small, from a simple business card to a full colour brochure, including banners, posters, NCR sets and much more.
With 21 years commercial experience within the print industry as a pre-press artworker, graphic camera operator, film & artwork planner and litho platemaker, Brett has the experience and expertise to help you take your idea/s from sketch to press.
Using Apple Macs and PCs with industry standard software such as Indesign CS 5.5 and QuarkXpress 8.5, Saxon Digital supplies high quality print ready PDFs suitable for commercial printing.
Images that require scanning are scanned on a Scitex Eversmart Pro scanner, with a maximum original size for artwork and transparencies of A3.
Every project is treated the same way to ensure that the highest standards are maintained, this ensures that your project prints problem free every time, as well as saving time, head aches and money for everyone.
Specialties: specialist in artwork origination, artwork trouble shooting and artwork rebuilding.
Contact Brett via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01249 554710
Brett is a commercially qualified pre-press artworker, planner and platemaker, with traditional and modern pre-press experience spanning 21 years within the print industry.
He trained at Brunel College of Technology in Bristol within their Printing and Graphic Communication Department, after which he continued working within commercial printers at Chippenham, Bristol and Bath.
Brett is a specialist in artwork origination, artwork trouble shooting and artwork rebuilding, he gives advice and supplies high quality press ready files suitable for commercial printing.
- Artwork origination (including scanning)
- Artwork rebuilding
- Copy preparation
- Desktop publishing
- Finished artwork production techniques
- Camera operation and film processing
- Film and paper page assembly
- Platemaking - Metal (Negative & Positive)
- Platemaking - Polyester
Pre-Press Artworkers - What do they do?
- Receive material from clients to design or layout for printing
- Input and set out text
- Scan and set out graphics
- Check the text and layout meet printing requirements
- Proof read text
- Send proofs to clients for approval
- Send approved files to the printer
- Prepare computer files for burning onto plates
- Burn the file onto a printing plate using a platesetter
- Maintain pre-press equipment and upgrade computers when required
- Give advice to clients on the best way to supply graphics and artwork