Linda Underhill (Stellar HR Services & Consultants Limited)
Our mission is to provide a personal, tailored HR advice and consultancy service for businesses throughout Yorkshire and the Humber.
At the core of our business is a desire to provide the best possible service to our clients on a cost –effective, efficient and professional basis. We will work closely in partnership with you and your business with a commitment to guide and support you in a straightforward, clear and honest way.
StellarHR will work with you to ensure we fully understand your business so you won't have to explain the background to a problem every time you call. When you do call we will listen to you to fully understand the issue; we will discuss with you potential options and offer advice on the best approach. We will then provide coaching to you on how to handle the issue and will e-mail any letters, forms or other documents required for you to print off on your company letterhead.
Be it a single day, a single project or a longer term relationship, we can provide for all your business HR requirements giving you the time back to focus on running and growing your business with the peace of mind that your HR matters are covered.
I have worked in HR for many years progressing from HR administration through the roles of HR Assistant, HR Officer, Assistant HR Manager for 5 years (2 years of which was spent on secondment as a Training Manager) and latterly as HR Manager/Business Support Partner.
Some of my achievements to date are :
- The introduction of an employee benefits package
- The introduction of a holiday purchase scheme
- The production and publication of my organisations approach to Equality and Diversity and subsequently designed and administered an Equality and Diversity Survey of our employees
- The introduction of an on-line candidate management system for both our internal and external recruitment assignments.
- Managed the migration and integration of the in-house payroll function to my team in Leeds with a semi-outsourced support service.
- Designed and delivered an Introduction to People Management workshop – which was aimed at new first-line managers.
- Provided a transactional operational service including advice, support and guidance through the interpretation and application of employment policies and procedures.
- Managed national corporate service contracts.
- Worked with trades unions in order to maintain good employee relationships particularly in relation to redundancy situations.
Personal Profile and Attributes
I have two daughters, age 13 and 12, and a husband who also runs his own painting and decorating business (www.mikeunderhilldecorating.co,uk). Between us, we manage to successfully juggle school, guides, horseriding, dancing and football (none of which we participate in but we make excellent chauffeurs).
I am a full Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. I use a methodical approach when planning projects and a systematic and logical approach when creating systems. Working relationships are important to me and I work hard to maintain and improve these. I am adaptable, flexible and reliable and will provide assistance to colleagues when required. I can communicate well at all levels and utilise high personal standards with emotional maturity and confidence.
I can provide a transactional operational service including advice, support and guidance through the interpretation and application of employment policy on issues such as Recruitment and Selection, employee Terms and Conditions, Salary Reviews, Occupational Health, Performance Management, Discipline and Grievance, Health and Welfare, Absence Management and Performance Improvement as well as Equality and Diversity issues.
The skills, knowledge and experience I have gained throughout my career in HR enables me to help the businesses I work with to develop and grow and operate effectively and efficiently.