Paul Kerman (PKNetworking)
|Last online||24th Mar 2013|
|Member since||16th Sep 2012|
|Number of views||6|
|Number of posts||7|
|Number of testimonials||0|
PKNetworking specialises in providing hardware & networking solutions for businesses too small to employ full-time IT professionals, or at regional offices of large companies assisting Corporate IT departments by being the man on the ground for project roll-out and helping local office with their own stand-alone IT improvements.
PKNetworking can develop and install networks connecting your machines with each other on site, at remote sites or with customers, and can troubleshoot existing networks. If you have problems with firewalls, routers, IPV6 addressing, communication security, file transfers - or if your chief problem is not understanding any of these terms, Paul can help.
Recent projects include:
- documenting new and legacy systems - so people on site knew what plugged in where and what each of the boxes in the cabinet did
- fixing unreliable audio-visual displays - including locking ipads to kiosk mode so it can only be used to view the intended material
- Windows 7 roll-out
- project management of installation of a new Control Room
- investigating an antique computer to diagnose faults (3.5" floppy, no USB, no anything we've become familiar with and dependent upon!)
- computer lessons for primary school pupils
Previous clients include:
- power industry
- public visitor attractions in UK and Scandinavia
- printing industry
- local newspapers
I have a degree in Computer Science from Aberystwyth University, and worked in the area since graduating until 2012 when I moved to Lincolnshire.
When not fixing computers I enjoy constructing things from model aeroplanes through electronic controls for heating systems to staircases.