Terms & Conditions
4Networking membership: The boring small-print
Terms and conditions relating to the use of www.4networking.biz (‘the Website’), see page two, and to Passport membership activity across the 4Networking network (the ‘Networking Service’)
Passport membership gives you unlimited access to every 4Networking meeting across the network. Details of current Passport membership fees are shown at www.4networking.biz/Account/Home/Register. Each meeting also requires a cash fee. Payable on entry, this covers meeting/venue costs, see our website for details.
Attendance at a meeting as a Passport member cannot be substituted by another person, whether from the same organisation or not. Permanent transfer of Passport membership to a different person in the same organisation can be carried out, subject to the prevailing administration fee.
You will be invited to renew your Passport membership prior to its expiry. Renewal options are only available if Passport membership remains continuous. If there is a gap in membership, you will need to rejoin 4Networking and all rejoining options are subject to a £50 joining fee. 4Networking renewal and rejoining options are shown on the website at https://www.4networking.biz/Account/Membership/Upgrade.
The preferred method of payment is debit/credit card. We accept cheques, payable to 4Networking Ltd. For bank transfers, use your full name as payment reference, payable to this account: 4Networking, Barclays Bank a/c no 03063801, sort code 20-85-26. Cheques and bank transfers incur a £20 inc VAT administration fee.
Continuous Membership programme
In order to keep costs to a minimum and to offer an efficient Passport membership renewal service, 4Networking provides a ‘Continuous Membership’ programme. This means that once you have chosen to renew your membership for the first time following your initial membership period, you are then part of the 4Networking Continuous Membership programme.
All membership renewals transacted by debit/credit card become Continuous Membership renewals. Continuous Membership renewal means that you are agreeing to renew your 4Networking Passport membership by debit/credit card and also agreeing that relevant future renewals can be collected automatically from the same card. This means that the following payment schedules are put in place, depending upon the Passport membership type you have subscribed to:
- Annual Passport membership: If you have just paid £365+VAT for 365 days Passport membership, the same debit/credit card will be charged £365+VAT every 365 days, giving you further blocks of P365 membership.
- Passport Six-Monthly: If you have just paid £210+VAT for six months’ Passport membership, the same debit/credit card will be charged £210+VAT every six months, giving you further blocks of six months’ membership.
- Passport Monthly: Your card will be charged £44+VAT on the same day each month until further notice.
If your membership days have been extended through receiving More4N days or as a result of team membership, then the renewal collection dates will reflect these changes.
If Continuous Membership renewal payment fails as a result of a debit/credit card no longer being active or a change of card expiry date, 4Networking will contact you to request updated card details. If you know that you have been issued with a new card since your last payment to us, it would be really helpful if you could inform us ahead of us trying to take this next payment – you can do this by calling the Support Desk on 0845 123 4444.
For all types of initial Passport membership, ie 230 days or 200 days, no cancellation or refund is possible once payment has been processed.
For all types of 4Networking Continuous Membership, at least 30 days’ notice is required in writing to cancel your membership. This notice period is the 30 days prior to the expiry date of the current term of your Continuous Membership. Notice must be given by email to email@example.com. 4Networking will automatically acknowledge your cancellation email by return email. If you do not receive this email and cannot provide it to us on request, your cancellation will not be valid.
If you wish to cancel membership after the 30 days’ notice period has expired or immediately after a Continuous Membership payment has been taken, you will be charged an administration fee of £44+VAT (£52.80 inc VAT). Any refund due will be paid no later than 10 days after the refund has been requested. The refund will be the membership fee that was paid less the £44+VAT administration fee.
Anyone can register to become a free of charge online-only member on the Website. This gives you access to the 4Networking forum and allows you to set up an online profile page. All the online membership facilities continue to be included if you choose to become a Passport member. As an online member you undertake that:
- All registration details that you provide are true and correct and you will keep the information updated.
- Your use of the Website does not violate these terms and conditions nor breach any applicable laws.
- You own all intellectual property rights to any content uploaded to the Website or you have a licence from the owner of the intellectual property rights to post upload and display such content.
- You will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, harassing, obscene, threatening, an invasive of a person's privacy, pornographic, or otherwise in violation of any UK laws relating to online conduct.
- You grant us a non-exclusive royalty-free sub-licensable perpetual worldwide licence to use modify, publish and display and distribute such content on and through the Website and in any other form or medium.
- You will not upload, post or otherwise display any content on the Website which contains software viruses, or any that contains chain letters, bulk mail, junk mail, spam or similar.
Access restriction, suspension, termination and alteration
4Networking may at any time without notice and for any reason deny you access to the Website or to any aspect of the Networking Service.
You agree that we may delete, edit, lock move or remove any content without notice and for any reason and/or to record the IP address from which any content is posted, uploaded or displayed without notice and for any reason, (including, without limitation) content which is in breach of these terms.
You shall not be entitled to a refund of any amount corresponding to the unexpired portion of your membership if your access to the Website and/or the networking service is restricted, suspended or terminated.
Indemnity and exclusion of liability
Use of the Website and the Networking Service is at your own risk. Both are provided on an "as is" basis. You are solely responsible for how you interact with other users of the Website and the Networking Service.
4Networking disclaims all liability whatsoever whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence) as a result of or in connection with the Website and/or the Networking Service for any economic loss, loss of goodwill or reputation, or special or indirect or consequential loss or otherwise and all implied warranties terms and conditions relating to the Website and the Networking Service are hereby excluded. In particular 4Networking accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage sustained by you as a result, directly or indirectly arising out of:
- the conduct of any user of the Website.
- any technical or other failure of the Website.
- your attendance at events and meetings with other users of the Website and the Networking Service. 4Networking does not provide any warranty as to the fitness or otherwise of the venue nor the owner and/or operator of the venue at which 4Networking meetings take place.
- any dealings that you have with any users of the Website and/or the Networking Service.
- any subsequent arrangements, contracts, agreements or business relationships that you enter into with any person (whether a Member or otherwise) as a result of or facilitated by your use of the Website or the Networking Service.
If 4Networking is found to be liable to you directly or indirectly in relation to the Website or the Networking Service that liability shall be limited to the Passport membership fee. Nothing in these terms shall limit liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence. You agree to indemnify us in full and on demand against any loss, damage, costs or expenses which we suffer or incur directly or indirectly as a result of your use of the Website and the Networking Service.
We may update these terms from time to time at our discretion. Amended terms shall become effective as soon as they are placed upon the Website and your continued use of the Website and the Networking Service constitutes acceptance by you of the updated terms.