Your 4Networking Questions Answered
How do I register?
You can register as a FREE online-only member by following the steps below:
- Visit the Register page here: www.4networking.biz/Account/Home/Register
- Choose the Online Only Member option from the list.
- Complete your details on the sign-up form.
- Answer the security question and click finish.
- Joining as a paid Passport member is also open to you when you first register - see full details of membership options below.
How do I create a profile?
You can create a profile easily by following the steps below:
- Login and then go to the edit profile option in Your Pages: www.4networking.biz/Account/Home/EditProfile
- Enter your information in each relevant area. Remember to upload a portrait photo - people like to see what you look like!
- Remember to click on the update this button when you've added/changed info in each section. You can update your profile whenever you like by following these same steps.
What are the 4Networking membership options?
- New members: 4Networking is a membership organisation. If you're new to 4Networking you can see your choice of membership options here: www.4networking.biz/Account/Home/Register
- Choose from FREE basic online membership OR take advantage of our Passport membership joining options. The same two options are available at the 2 meetings you can attend as a visitor before taking out Passport membership: 1) 400 days Passport membership for £365+VAT (inc £68 worth of extras: 35 extra days, worth £35; a business book by Brad Burton, worth £12.99; and a ticket to The Business Networking Show 2016, worth £20). 2) 200 days Passport membership for £200+VAT. Both options are available as soon as you have registered on the site or at your two 4N visitor meetings. This gives you immediate access to ALL 4Networking groups. You will be given a Joining Form at meetings.
- Book into your first meeting by clicking on www.4networking.biz/meets. Then choose the meeting you would like to attend and click Book Now. Remember to bring lots of business cards, cash to cover meeting costs (Breakfast events £13, Lunch and Evening events £15), a roller banner if you have one, and a smile...
- Upgrading to Passport Membership from online-only membership: If you're already registered on the 4N site, you can become a Passport Member at any time. The two joining options outlined in point 2 are open to you at all times, even after your two visitor meetings. If you have logged in, you will see your current membership status in the middle of the top of the Home page. In each case there is a 'Get Membership NOW' link, which takes you through to a menu of your available joining options. Here is an explanation of the membership status shown: A green 'V' means that you have not attended any meetings. An orange 'V1' means that you have attended one meeting as a visitor and can still attend a second one. A red 'V2+' means that you have attended your maximum two meetings as a visitor and cannot attend more meetings unless you choose to take out Passport membership with either the 400 day or 200 day options.
- Renewing your membership: At all times you can see how many paid membership days you have remaining in the top bar of the Home page. If you're already a Passport Member, you have three continuous membership renewal options - 1) Monthly Membership: £44+VAT per month 2) 200 days for £200+VAT 3) Annual Membership £365+VAT. You can renew your membership by visiting this page when you are logged in: www.4networking.biz/Account/Membership/Upgrade
- Membership renewal terms: To be eligible for any of these continuous membership options there must be no break in membership. By renewing your 4Networking Passport membership by debit/credit card you are also agreeing that future renewals can be collected automatically from the same card. At least one month’s notice is required to cancel, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cancel payment without providing one month’s notice in writing or wish to cancel immediately after a renewal payment has been taken, then you will be charged a £50 administration fee. If payment ceases and your membership lapses, you have a choice of 2 rejoining options:
1. 200 days for £250+VAT (includes £50 joining fee)
2. 365 days for £365+VAT (No joining fee)
If your membership days have been extended through receiving Invite a Friend days or as a result of team membership, then the renewal collection dates will reflect these changes.
If Continuous Membership renewal payment fails as a result of a debit/credit card no longer being active or a change of card expiry date, 4Networking will contact you to request updated card details. If you know that you have been issued with a new card since your last payment to us, it would be really helpful if you could inform us ahead of us trying to take this next payment – you can do this by calling the Support Desk on 0845 123 4444.
For all types of initial Passport membership ie 400 days or 200 days, no cancellation or refund is possible once payment has been processed.
For all types of 4Networking Continuous Membership, at least 30 days’ notice is required in writing to cancel your membership. This notice period is the 30 days prior to the expiry date of the current term of your Continuous Membership. Notice must be given by email to email@example.com. 4Networking will automatically acknowledge your cancellation email by return email. If you do not receive this email and cannot provide it to us on request, your cancellation will not be valid.
If you wish to cancel membership after the 30 days’ notice period has expired or immediately after a Continuous Membership payment has been taken, you will be charged an administration fee of £44+VAT (£52.80 inc VAT). Any refund due will be paid no later than 10 days after the refund has been requested. The refund will be the membership fee that was paid less the £44+VAT administration fee.
How do I find out or reset my Password?
- Visit the home page: www.4networking.biz
- Click on the Password Reminder link top right. This takes you to: www.4networking.biz/Account/Home/ForgotPassword
- Enter the email address you used either when you registered yourself on the site or which was used by a 4Networking member to book you into a meeting on your behalf. This will be the email address used to send you a meeting booking confirmation. Press send.
- You will then receive an email to the email address you supplied with instructions on how to re-set your password.
How do I create or update my forum signature?
You can display an image that will drop onto the end of every forum post that you make. The style of forum signature that can be displayed has been optimised for display on a phone and tablet as well as on a PC. If you have uploaded a forum signature in the past and this is no longer displaying, you need to update it to conform with the new style.
The compatible file types you can upload are: gif, jpg, jpeg, png. The ideal size of forum signature image is 853px wide by 190px high. You can hyperlink the whole signature image to one url, ie your website home page.
- Click on Your Account and click the edit profile option.
- Click on the orange button: CHANGE FORUM STUFF. This goes to www.4networking.biz/Account/Home/EditForumPreferences
- Scroll down this page to the forum signature section. If you have previously uploaded a signature, you will see an image in the 'Old Signature' box. Below this is a 'Signature' box where you can upload your new signature in the compatible style. If you no longer have the artwork for your old signature but want to reproduce this, you can simply take a screengrab of the one shown and then format this as a jpeg and reload it onto the site.
How do I network online?
In exactly the same way as you would face to face! Think of it as meeting people, but it just happens to be on the 4N website. Use the site to network 24/7 with thousands of our members right across the UK.
- Visit the 4N forums via the Chat online now button: www.4networking.biz/Forum
- Choose a topic that interests you and then participate by posting (see info on posting below)
- Refine your view of posts by using the drop-down to see just your own posts/just today's posts/the last 24 hour's posts.
- Search the forum by entering the keyword(s) you want to see in any posts here: www.4networking.biz/Forum/Search?command=Search
- You can set up alerts when keywords you choose are used in the titles of any posts on the forum. If you are a Passport member you can set up 10 different keywords; if you are an online only member, you can set up 1 keyword. To set this up, go to www.4networking.biz/Account/Home/EditForumPreferences
Are there moderators on the forum?
No. We treat forum contributors as adults and the forum is self-regulated. If a post does break the rules, the geeks behind the scenes can remove a post, but this is a rarity.
Are there any guidelines for online behaviour?
Everyone has the right to express differing opinions without fear of ridicule or abuse. However, what one person may consider abusive, another may consider reasonable which is why we do not apply judgement as a rule.
However, if you want to ensure that your online behaviour avoids offending other forum users, here are some suggestions from other members:
- When posting a new thread, select an appropriate forum
- Be mindful of keeping threads on-topic
- If you disagree with someone’s post, be respectful in your response
- Avoid dissing someone else’s business
- Avoid using someone else’s thread to promote your own business
- Don’t use abusive, racial, sexual or other discriminatory language
- Be careful about posting libellous comments
- Keep non-business chat to the Bored Room area
- Be aware that too many in-jokes can make new members feel excluded
- Don’t hold private conversations in a thread unless it’s a FAO thread (but remember this is still public)– send a PM
How do I post on the forum?
- Visit www.4networking.biz/forum once you have logged into the site.
- Select the forum area you want to post in - if you're new to the forum, perhaps start with Say Hello. In total there are 9 different forum areas. One of the most useful areas in terms of business is the Can You Help Me? section. Every day, people are posting up valuable business enquiries here, so check it out!
- New post: To start a post on a new subject, click on the New Topic button and enter the title of your post in the subject box.
- Type your content into the large box below and click the orange Post Topic button.
- Replying to a post: Similar process - just scroll to the end of the forum thread, type in the Reply box and click Post Reply.
How do I edit a post I’ve made?
Once you’ve posted on a thread, you have a 15 minute window to edit or delete the content of your post. After that, your post remains forever, so make sure you’re happy before you click Post Topic.
The reason we only allow a 15 minute window is:
- Deleted posts cause confusion when someone reads the thread at a later date
- Search engines love the 4N site and regularly save copies of posts, so even if a post is deleted it still exists on the internet
How do I get notification that someone’s responded to a thread?
To subscribe to a thread:
- Click on the thread you would like email notifications for
- Click on the orange Subscribe To This Topic Button
To unsubscribe from a thread:
- Click on the thread you would like to stop receiving email notifications for
- Click on the orange Unsubscribe To This Topic button
How do I insert images into a post?
There is an 'i' button for uploading images directly into forum posts. Just choose the relevant image from your PC and upload it. There is no need to resize it, it will be optimised for the relevant screen size it is being displayed in.
How do I put a YouTube video in my post?
First find the page on YouTube which has your video. Now, click on the share link and highlight the URL that appears, Right Click copy: Then on the 4Networking site:
- Select the forum or thread you want to post in
- Click the YouTube icon (on the far right of the reply box)
- Paste your URL into the URL field presented and Click OK. You will see a place marker showing you where your video will go
- Post Reply to see your video
How do I create a poll in a new topic?
- Create a new topic as normal
- Click the option for Poll
- Input your voting options
- Click on the orange Post Topic button
What do ‘lol’, ‘roflmao’,’imho’, etc. mean?
These are internet abbreviations - this site will explain all! http://www.gaarde.org/acronyms/
What do all the icons next to the topics mean?
||There are new posts
||There are no new posts
||There are new posts and you have taken part in the topic
||There are no new posts and you have taken part in the topic
||There are new posts in a hot topic
||There are no new posts in a hot topic
||There are new posts in a hot topic that you have taken part in
||There are no new posts in a hot topic that you have taken part in
||The topic has been moved.
How do I book into a meeting?
- Visit www.4networking.biz/meets when logged in
- Choose which way you'd like to search for meetings. The default page you land on shows you all meetings in date order + options to search meetings by distance, by meeting type (Breakfast, Lunch, Evening or launches) or by place. There is also the option to see meetings on a UK map. You can also find meetings using our free Meeting Finder App, see www.4networking.biz/app for details on how to obtain this.
- Select the meeting you want from the list - the BOOK/INFO button goes to the detail page about a particular meeting. Click on the meeting name link in the list to see a list of that group's next 8 meetings ie Bridgwater
- Book the meeting of your choice and you will then receive an email booking confirmation.
How can I be unbooked from a meeting?
- Visit www.4networking.biz/meets and find the meeting you want to be unbooked from. Meetings you're booked into are shown as booked in green.
- Contact the Group Leader by clicking the orange MESSAGE ME button to be unbooked from a meeting - you are not able to unbook yourself.
How can I check which meetings I’m booked into?
See a neat summary of all the meetings you've booked by going to the future bookings page in Your Pages, when you're logged in: www.4networking.biz/Account/Bookings/Future
How do I get a receipt for each meeting?
All 4N meetings are closed promptly on our system (Breakfast by 5pm the same day, Lunch and Evenings by 10am the following day) at which point you will receive an email with a link to your account where you can access and print your PDF receipt. If you do not receive this email promptly, here’s how you can access your receipt yourself:
- Visit the meet receipts option in Your Pages, when logged in: www.4networking.biz/Account/Bookings
- Click Print Receipt for the particular meeting you require. Depending on your own computer, you should be able to either print this or choose to save it as a pdf.This page also gives you a complete list of all the 4N meetings you have attended. For the four most recent meetings you are also able to View Attendees.
Are Personal Messages private?
Yes. Only the person who sent or received the Personal Message can view it.
How do I get notification when someone sends me a Personal Message?
- Click Your Pages
- Click the edit my profile drop-down option
- Scroll down to Preferences and Security
- Ensure that Personal Message Email Notification is set to 'yes'
How do I see Personal Messages I’ve sent?
- Click Your Pages
- Click the personal messages drop-down option
- Click on the Outbox link
- View your sent Personal Messages
How can I stop someone from sending me Personal Messages?
- To block someone view a specific Personal Message from that person.
- Click the orange Block Member button underneath the message.
- To unblock someone view your Blocked Members tab in your Personal Messages area and click the orange Unblock button for the relevant person
ACCESS THE SITE ON YOUR PHONE
How do I use the 4Networking.biz website on a smartphone or tablet?
Bring up the site on your phone and login - it will then stay logged in. The site is optimised for displaying correctly on a phone or tablet. A separate Meeting Finder app is also available, for use on Android or Apple phones. Search your App Store for '4Networking' and you will find it. For more information see www.4networking.biz/app
ADDITIONAL SUPPORT REQUIRED?
You can contact the Support Desk for additional support.