Another benefit of Passport membership: Article 4Sights
4Networking's Article 4Sights give every current 4N Passport member the opportunity to share their knowledge and expertise with thousands of 4Ners right across the network. Here's how you can get involved.
Meeting 4Sights are one of the most enduring and popular features at 4N meetings: “An insight, not sales pitch into a specialist field, experience or interesting area of your life”. You can also publish an article equivalent of this here, an Article 4Sight, for everyone to see, not just people at local meetings.
As with Meeting 4Sights, Article 4Sights are only open to current Passport members. If you can see a SUBMIT ARTICLE button when logged into this page, then you can get involved.
- Everything is submitted for approval to the Article 4Sights Editor, to ensure they ARE insights and that a variety of topics are covered. A decision will be given within 10 working days on whether your submitted Article 4Sight will be published, and the editor’s decision is final! The editor can help with formatting and polishing the finished post.
- Once your Article 4Sight has been accepted and published, 4N will promote it via the regular fortnightly ‘Insights’ emails sent to all members. These are sent fortnightly on a Thursday afternoon, as research suggests that people are more receptive to information/article-based emails later in the working week. Your photo as the author, the title and enticing description are featured in the email, with a link to the full piece. You can also of course promote your Article 4Sight to your own database and on social media, using its unique link.
How to create a good Article 4Sight
- For maximum impact, make best use of all the formatting tools we give you + most importantly, create something that people will want to read!
- As with all the best Meeting 4Sights, your piece should be original, engaging, personal and thought-provoking. Keep your paragraphs short.
- Create a punchy 'click-bait' title that will make people want to read more. Then make your 'Summary' count, with a concise, intriguing intro.
- Then use the 'Sections' facility to create the blue headings and sections as in this piece.
- Choose carefully a featured image to promote it. You must upload an image to complete your article submission.
PLEASE NOTE: Avoid uploading ‘stock images’ as we cannot then guarantee that these have been legitimately sourced and the online publisher (ie 4Networking in this case) can be liable to large fines if stock image provider deems them to be unlicensed. Stamp your personality on the article by including an original photo. Use your phone to capture something original and appropriate to use!
- Choose a category for your article using the dropdown provided.
Remember, your author photo and contact info is taken from your 4Networking profile, so make sure this is up-to-date.
- Once published, members can post comments and feedback about your article.
Our guideline is 400-600 words for articles. To visualise that, this article is 500 words.
We look forward to receiving your Article 4Sight submissions asap!