Periscope...do you use it !

Paul Baldwin
Cass-Stephens Insurances Ltd

Testimonials : 15

Was a bit of fun at first, especially when you had the likes of Aggers scoping (I think that's right!) from the Test grounds, etc. I soon got bored of listening to people waffle on though so now ignore it

Laurence Finn
Your Success Summit 2016

Testimonials : 0

Quote:

You got me thinking... so I blogged about it...

Is Periscope The New Anti-social Media? Or Are We Looking At It All Wrong?

LOL

Darren Cooke
Red Circle Financial Planning

Testimonials : 1

I don't even know what it is and I'm not sure I care either, but then I also don't do Instagram, what's app, flicker or most social media.

Steve Lewis
ASK TODAY - Utility Warehouse

Periscope works very well indeed. However like all types of social media it takes time to build your audience. You will have to spend a good chunk of time getting followers. However long term it will very worth while. Persicope is a fantastic app to promote your products and services.

Good luck with it! keep me updated would be intrested to hear how it works for you.

Graham Todd
Spaghetti Agency

Testimonials : 24

You got me thinking... so I blogged about it...

Is Periscope The New Anti-social Media? Or Are We Looking At It All Wrong?

Laurence Finn
Your Success Summit 2016

With Periscope I presume the logic is similar....be interesting, engage and connect - starting point for conversations

Laurence Finn
Your Success Summit 2016

Quote:

Grant I think you make a valid point but I also thint, like all social media, Periscope is open to the use and abuse of anyone. 

If some choose to only broadcast and talk about themselves they will fail just like those who only post in the classifides on here. 

Engaging and connecting is the way of the world... I leave broadcasting to the news readers and try to offer content and value... that's what make the internet go round, right!? 

Social media is actually quite simple..........."Would you go into a meeting room in London with 300 attendees, stand on a chair - and shout (broadcast) - your companies products"

Of course not !

Then why is social media, any different ?

Its not....but this is where so many people get it wrong. "Todd, if I tweeted Spaghetti Agency today - a quirky clever mesage. You would probably reply with a Tweet. If I "favourite" your reply and retweet you, and responded positively - the chances are that you will follow me, and if I ask for a chat - we will probably speak on the phone"

Its simple...be interesting, be interested, interact, communicate and the rest will follow !

Graham Todd
Spaghetti Agency

Grant I think you make a valid point but I also thint, like all social media, Periscope is open to the use and abuse of anyone. 

If some choose to only broadcast and talk about themselves they will fail just like those who only post in the classifides on here. 

Engaging and connecting is the way of the world... I leave broadcasting to the news readers and try to offer content and value... that's what make the internet go round, right!? 

Grant Phillips-Sewell
Brightology

Testimonials : 15

I'm in 2 minds about Periscope (or Meerkat for the dissenters).

On the one hand, I can see how it would be a great tool to put you ahead of the curve; to get your name out there and for people to see that you're an expert in your field rather than reading your stuff and merely thinking it.

On the other hand, I can't help but feel that it's a very anti-social social-media platform. The majority of other social platforms seem to be based around the premise of equality - everyone is in the same boat at the beginning and everyone has the same potential. Take Twitter as an example - me tweeting is no different to anybody else tweeting. Nothing different at all. If I tweet, you can interact with me by tweeting also. How does it work in Periscope land? Well, one side of the interaction process is putting the person on a pedestal. They're putting out video and how do people interact with said video? Erm... by short text messages. It's not exactly social - one side of the interaction having more exposure and a completely different toolset to the other side. Let's be honest about it - Periscope/Meerkat is a broadcast medium, not a social medium.

Graham Todd
Spaghetti Agency

Yeah. One of the best Scopes had over 12,000 hearts and a few hundred viewers. 

I'm steadily growing my following without trying but I'm going to start getting tactical on it soon

It's like any new social platform... it takes time... but I really believe this is worth the time invested in it. Just such a powerful medium! 

Laurence Finn
Your Success Summit 2016

Thanks Todd - may I ask, have you managed to activate a decent number of followers / viewers

Graham Todd
Spaghetti Agency

Yup and loving it! 

I Periscoped my 4Sight the other weej for Leamington Breakfast all the way from Lanzarote! (Watch it here)

And I'm going to be giving a talk whilst Periscoping in a few weeks... which I only got because of Periscope and the chance to speak is always a good chance to find more leads and business etc etc - it works for me! 

Offer value and help people... it's the same as the other channels really! 

Laurence Finn
Your Success Summit 2016

I have many American friends who swear by Periscope - are we adapting to Periscope in the UK - are small business using it, and are you seeing results.

PS: I have only ever watched three Periscope videos, and I am not a registered member / user