Focusing on your focus

Paul OrangeTree
OrangeTree Online

Telephone :

Testimonials : 2

Do you mind if I promote my website here in your post Jacobi?   http://www.orangezone.co.uk Here is it's description:- Please let me know what you think of it ok? All the best.

I am being cheeky.  I hope your 4 sight goes well.

And I hope you get a lot from 4networking.  

Thales Jacobi
Handshake Links

Telephone :

Testimonials : 0

By the way, check out my site: https://site.handshakelinks.co.uk/ -- if you have an eye for websites and usability I'm sure you will like it

Thales Jacobi
Handshake Links

Telephone :

Change…

is when you stop what you are doing and shift your attention to something else instead. But how can we focus and allow change at the same time?

Answer: Mindfulness

We need to willingly choose where our focus is (our attention; our energy; our time.)

Thales Jacobi
Handshake Links

Telephone :

Focusing on your focus

by Jacobi

Hello fellow networker, I would like to share some of my thoughts about...

Focus x Change

Focus is when you spend all of your time doing something of your choice.

Let’s say for example that a person named Jack works at a coffee shop during the day and at night he studies to become a doctor.

His focus was clear: to become a doctor. Even his day job was part of the plan to become one. Without that job it would be impossible for Jack to pay for his living expenses.

Another example could be Jason, our fictitious friend who spent part of his early adult life chasing after financial freedom by doing those dodgy online programs, like “get rich quickly” type of thing.

Jason was also very focused and his focus was clear: do whatever needs to be done to succeed on the internet.

Both of these stories show that focus can be a blessing, but it could also be a curse.

* How humble do I have to be in order to be able to realize that I’m doing something wrong?

* How brave should I be to take action and change?

* Should I focus solely on my priorities or should I focus on my dreams?

Though questions...

and I can’t presume to be able to answer all of them in this article.

We know we need to be able to focus AND to change WHEN it is needed!

Change…

is when you stop what you are doing and shift your attention to something else instead. But how can we focus and allow change at the same time?

Answer: Mindfulness

We need to willingly choose where our focus is (our attention; our energy; our time.)

In summary, we need both!

My concern is that unconditional focus on the wrong things can be disastrous.

I’m sure you agree. (If you don’t, please leave a comment with your opinion.)

Being self-aware and to pay attention to the results of our actions enables us to assess constantly what we are doing and to plan (and execute) changes when necessary.

I’m going to be talking (4Sight in Twyford’s lunch meeting) about how to use mindfulness to build self-awareness to manipulate your focus, and your mind, to know when to stand up against diversities and when to bend (like water) and change quickly.

This 4Sight will promoted here: https://www.4networking.biz/Events/Group/Twyford%20Lunch

Make sure you will be there!