Has anyone heard of Precision Media?

Adam Kimberley
AX-A-DENT PDR

Testimonials : 2

Quote:

I have just had a call from these people offering me all sorts of things and trying to guarantee front page of google and all the rest of it. First of all they asked me about an entry I have on a free online wedding directory and then they started on about google and facebook. I did point out that they couldnt guarantee anything not even first page of google but they were adamant that they could.

They claim to have links with google and all the search engines where they will guarantee first page on google for £99 on a PAYG basis and for this I would get my own account manager (I could ring him 24hrs a day) and would pay for 5 key phrases (normal cost £20 per phrase) but they only allow 5 phrases at a time. They also guarantee first page on facebook for adverts at a cost of £49 but are willing to throw this in for free this month. Then the sales rep tried to say that they only cover one trade member at a time so for Birmingham I would be the only wedding planner listed.

I smell a very large rat and have asked that they send some information so that I can read over it and then say yay or nay - I actually have no intention of signing up for this because I think it is a con but just want to know if anyone has come across them?

Anyway, if I want to get onto the first page of google then I have to keep posting on 4N and I can do that for free.

I think it safe to say anyone offering or even as the case may be garanteeing top of page one on google listing is full of sh1t. Sorry for being blunt. There are even posts on here that claim to be number one on a UK search and are not, I just looked. Just hang up on them and get on with your life!!  

Jon May
Jon May

Telephone :

Testimonials : 9

I got a call from them once.

When I starting BSing on how I was an SEO expert and my website was first on page one, they hung up.

I'm not (just to make that clear), I just use All in one SEO plugin for Wordpress. Seems to work for me! Smiley

Chris Lambert
Blue Sky Computer Solutions Ltd

Testimonials : 6

Quote:
Quote:

For those people on the TPS system have you reported them to TPS.

I know that the chance they will get fined is very small. I have in the past received an email from oen company I reported saying sorry for the call and I never heard from them again. Which to me looks like I might have reported the only decent company going, but oh well.

TPS can't and doesn't handle complaints, the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) does. http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints/privacy_and_electronic_communications.aspx

Not sure what their complaints team does then. But the below is from the TPS website.

I submitted a complaint to TPS regarding an unsolicited call I have received despite being registered on TPS for more than 28 days. What action have you taken?

All complaints received will be acknowledged and processed by our complaints team. We will write to the organisation involved asking for an explanation of why it has called a TPS registered number and request that it removes the number from its call lists. As the TPS has no enforcement powers, we will pass all the complaints received over to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), who are the UK independent supervisory authority reporting directly to the UK Parliament. It is the ICO's responsibility to look at non-compliant organisations and take appropriate action. If you wish to follow up on a complaint you have made, please contact the ICO directly. Their details can be found under the useful links section of the website.

http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/faq/#one

The ICO will deal with it in the end, but reporting it to TPS should be a starting point.

Michael Mertens
Mertens IT Consulting

Testimonials : 32

Quote:

I know that the chance they will get fined is very small. I have in the past received an email from oen company I reported saying sorry for the call and I never heard from them again. Which to me looks like I might have reported the only decent company going, but oh well.

TPS can't and doesn't handle complaints, the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) does. http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints/privacy_and_electronic_communications.aspx

Chris Lambert

I'd also suggest moving your number provider. from the looks of these forum posts and a quick bit of 0845 number checking you seemed to be linked to a company that is known to provide scammers and spammers with numbers

http://www.phonespamfilter.co.uk/phones.php/08458694

http://www.magrathea-telecom.co.uk/

http://www.fraudwatchers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3882

Sadly things like this that can be found with 30 seconds of google time don't help you.

Lee Rickler
Point and Stare

Telephone :

Testimonials : 55

Quote:

... I am able to assist.

not without a proper photo and an anonymous 0845 number you're not.

Shamus Doherty
Vehicle Consulting West London

Testimonials : 1

Quote:

Alas not all people are able to do so. Similarly I am unable to service my car.

Dan have you thought about reclaiming your bank charges? Maybe that would help you to pay to have your car serviced. Just a thought. Wink

Dan Maw
Bank Charge Refunded

Telephone :

Hi Guys,

I am emailing from Bank Charge Refunded. Sorry to see comments stating that my inital thread was spam. I understand the ''so-called'' internet marketing companies somehow or other get unsuspecting small businesses to give then their card details and then continue to denit these cards for as long as they are able to.

Solution 1. Stop the card with the bank or creid card company.

Solution 2. Effect either a charge back or a Section 75 refund.

Alas not all people are able to do so. Similarly I am unable to service my car.

If any business wishes to recover monies from unauthorised debits, I am able to assist.

Chris Lambert

Quote:

HAD AN UNAUTHORISED DEBIT TO YOUR CARD. RECLAIM YOUR MONEY. CONTACT BANK CHARGE REFUNDED AT info@bankchargerefunded.net NO REFUND NO FEE. VISIT US AT http://www.bankchargerefunded.net/

Ah talking about Scams and the like and one is sure to appear!

Chris Lambert

Dan Maw
Bank Charge Refunded

Telephone :

HAD AN UNAUTHORISED DEBIT TO YOUR CARD. RECLAIM YOUR MONEY. CONTACT BANK CHARGE REFUNDED AT info@bankchargerefunded.net NO REFUND NO FEE. VISIT US AT http://www.bankchargerefunded.net/

Graham Archer
3 Dragon Marketing

Invite them along to a 4N meeting then we can all have some fun sad

Guarantee is always a BIG word frown to use

Steve Mallett
Treffynnon

Telephone :

Testimonials : 0

I had my second call from these guys this morning.  Wanted to sell me Facebook advertising.  I disliked everything about the call so Googled them and found this post and 4Networking.

Seems to confirm my initial judgement but the happy outcome is I discovered this network!

Steve

Jody Fletcher
Chilli Promotional Products Ltd

Testimonials : 22

I've just hung up on one... the 2nd call in 2 weeks, and about the 15th in total - I've asked over 9 times to be removed from all their databases, asked to speak to Directors, but am consistently told I'vebeen removed - Precision Media / Matchmaker marketing is a horrific company who need to be named & shamed! Rant over, but their jumped up, rude employees really rub me up the wrong way!

Derek Gale
Gale Photography

Telephone :

Testimonials : 4

I had a call from these guys recently, and just put the phone straight down. <5 secs later they called again!! "We seem to have been cut off"

Extraordinary!

Cheers,

Derek.

David Hardstaff
Home Counties Business Advisors

Testimonials : 4

Quote:

I must admit that when I have mentioned TPS to callers that I have been told that TPS is guidance only, is ineffectual and doesnt really exist. I had one the other day selling me google adwords - I put the phone down on the argumentative little toad.

That's a new one - normally they hang up before you can blink!

Steve Stephens
Jam96

My response to any call like this is.
"You are working from a list that has not been effectively sanitised as my number(s) are on the TPS. Please delete my information from your database and do not call me again"
I rarely finish the spiel before they have hung up.

Jamie Graham
Ocean Copy

Telephone :

Glad to see you weren't taken in by these claims. I know a few people locally who have been. I found this useful article recently; questions to ask when hiring an SEO agency which will hopefully give others an insight into the kinds of things they need to watch out for.

Stephen Chown
Site Engine

Telephone :

Quote:

I have just had a call from these people offering me all sorts of things and trying to guarantee front page of google and all the rest of it. First of all they asked me about an entry I have on a free online wedding directory and then they started on about google and facebook. I did point out that they couldnt guarantee anything not even first page of google but they were adamant that they could

I just had a call from them pushing advertising on Facebook now. Did a quick google of them while they were on the phone to me and then gave them the brush off.

Rob Taylor
RJTmedia

Testimonials : 0

I've just hung up on a call from Precision Media, apologising for the fact that my last campaign with them didn't go so well. Apparently it was "because it was over the Christmas period" and "because we read left to right, people were clicking on the natural links rather than the sponsored ones". Really - that's what i've just been told. Hilarious.

Now, I've never had an account with anyone called Precision Media, but I was sucked in (briefly) by Matchmaker Marketing. And searching for both names together, I found this: http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/scam--precision-media-c363200.html

According to that page, they also go by the names Storm Media and Key World (or Keyworld) Media.

Speaking from first-hand experience of Matchmaker, avoid, avoid, avoid.

Hope that helps!

Rob