YOUR OUTSOURCED MARKETING DIRECTOR & MARKETING TEAM
AFFORDABLE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT HELP WHERE & WHEN YOU NEED IT
We provide B2B clients with an affordable, agile business development and marketing resource which can be tapped into as and when it is required.
WITH EXTENSIVE CLIENT & MARKETING AGENCY EXPERIENCE
With a proven pedigree in pragmatic “hands on” business development, marketing and sales, Communisage are well positioned to leverage its expertise for clients who need:
- short term support with marketing and sales programmes
- ongoing marketing communications service provision and
- corporate, sales, marketing or training presentations
HELPING YOU INFLUENCE OTHERS
Communisage don't tell clients how to run their business, manage their sales effort, replace their existing marketing resource and processes or encourage clients to over spend.
We just get on with no nonsense business development activities to help you influence your marketplace and grow your revenues!
Please give us a call sometime – we'd love to chat.
HELPING YOU DEVELOP YOUR BUSINESS
MARKETING RESEARCH & ANALYTICS
MARKETING ANALYSIS & PLANNING
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
DIRECT MARKETING : E Mail & Traditional
PRINT : brochures, leaflets, flyers, stationery
VIRAL & INTERNET MARKETING
CORPORATE & TECHNICAL PRESENTATIONS
Mike Cowburn's Experience
A powerful on-demand B2B business development & marketing resource.
MARKETING RESEARCH - ANALYSIS & PLANNING - PRODUCT MARKETING - PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT - MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS - INTERNAL MARKETING - SALES - POWERPOINT PRESENTATIONS
Communisage offers clients a bespoke, affordable and agile marketing resource that effectively unites commercial goals with the processes needed to achieve them.
With a demonstrable track record in strategic planning and hands-on business development, Communisage can provide invaluable short-term tactical support for sales and marketing programmes, as well as impactful ongoing communications activities designed to deliver real and sustained business growth.
Working alongside clients' existing marketing resources, Communisage will:
• take time to understand business objectives, methodologies and constraints
• help to define and embed a differentiated value proposition
• use proven strategies to establish and escalate new and profitable growth
At Communisage, we can help you get your sales and marketing engine in the optimum shape to drive business growth – whatever the financial climate.
From our Lancashire base, we deliver marketing services across the North West UK and beyond.
Business Development Director
Marland Building LimitedAs Business Development Director in an SME, I developed the company's brand and led acquisition activity with a very limited budget. Value added examples include:
- brand redeveloped inc new collateral, website, traditional & e direct marketing
- acquisition activity quintupled outreach, 30 tender opportunities gained from “new” prospects (project values £5k - £1.5million)
- new segment entered, enhanced NHS Trusts approval gained, 6 tender opportunities secured, 3 contracts awarded
- subcontractor supply chain procurement process was overhauled to improve bid competitiveness
Sales & Marketing Manager
Speedy Lifting3 months after LGH acquisition by Speedy plc, was promoted from marketing manager to Sales & Marketing Manager for its lifting business. Developed and managed a team of 18 reports covering key account sales, marketing services and sales support. Value added examples include:
- value proposition development for 2 newly aligned complementary business units
- creation of an integrated marketing/key account sales function inc marcomms & business analytics
- segmentation of national customer base to facilitate key account allocation among newly formed KAM team
- alignment of rental trading discounts across 2 newly integrated business streams
Group Marketing Manager
LGH GroupAnnual branding, customer acquisition/retention plans developed & executed for 9 group businesses in the UK, USA, Netherlands & Germany.
Led an in house marketing services function providing strategic planning, research, marketing communications, internal marketing & sales support.
Evolved internal marketing communications agency delivering multi-media campaigns Including campaign conception, graphic design, copywriting, media management and appointment of PR consultants in Germany & the Netherlands. Value added examples include :
- new branding campaign positioned an international UK industrial services business as market leader facilitating xx% growth over 4 years
- strategic review initiated via external/internal audit, 3 research studies, market analysis & TOWS following which a novel 2 year comms & brand development campaign re-positioned LGH's core business to help maintain revenue stability of a £20m operation in a rapidly changing market landscape
- insightful marketing planning & market education programmes underpinned xx% German business growth
- developed national awareness & multi-state customer acquisition programmes with USA business in support of distribution & field sales activity – integrated programme yielded $x million growth over 3 years
Strategic Marketing Director
Delta Electrical LimitedDirector responsible for LV devices business unit marketing involving development of new digital electronics enabling technology, new device products and development of strategic alliances.
Additional responsibility for Delta Electrical group strategic marketing, coordinating strategic marketing plan across 8 business units, 30 product groups, 15 segments & 13 DMU types serving UK & international markets. Value added highlights:
- was chosen to join a select team, which restructured Delta's divisional circuit protection business
- recruited product managers, analysts, sales personnel, marketing executives and customer service managers
- was a member of the company management team at collective trade union consultative meetings re manufacturing process restructuring
- new European OEM segment for MCBs identified & channel access secured via branding partnership negotiated with US multinational
- conducted a field research study in the USA with a major Midwestern company. £140M OEM market identified : 10 year market entry plan & cash flow analysis completed
- commissioned global market research program via 2 providers & mentored team analysis of 5 global LV device markets that yielded 54696 options to serve all markets, global device strategic plan developed. Result : PLC commitment to £5m digital electronics technology investment & Welsh Office £20m grant aid offer
- integrated 9 strong Dutch & UK business development team including 4 product managers & key account sales managers/KAM sales which had differing cultures & working practices
- increased year on year strategic branding partner revenues by £1m exceeding previous year by 71% & budget by 31%
- managed 2 internal & external organisational change communications campaigns over 2 year period
Marketing Director & Marketing Manager
MEM 250v LimitedAs Marketing Manager and Marketing Director of the brand-leading MEM 250v business, marketing's role evolved from pure sales support to embrace product management & marketing planning with resource expansion from 2 to 5 reports.
With marketing team I led and fellow stakeholders, demand for 11 interrelated electro-technical product groups was grown involving significant levels of complexity in monitoring performance, forward strategic planning, new product development and controlled product launches to optimise the impact on trading, inventory levels, manufacturing, distribution channels and profitability.
Management of value proposition development and demand creation among a “triangle” of demand influencers - specifiers, installers and electrical trade distributors played a pivotal role. Value added highlights:
- doubled a product portfolio bringing to market 23 major product ranges and 44 range fillers with 1500 new products developed to serve UK and overseas customers at the same time “retiring” over 260 product lines
- grew & repositioned 3rd tier UK business sales by £3.5m via new segment entry, product development, sales process change, price positioning, wider distribution & competitor targeting
- defended/grew large UK switchgear share from aggressive overseas players, improved profitability via product cost reduction/euthanasia & entered new international markets to grow device business
- instigated market analysis & pricing strategy collaborating with Hong Kong, Australian & UAE sister operations, new products developed & sales channels accessed securing £2.1m sales in 24 months
- initiated major change in new product development function bringing the “customer's voice” to bear on project management processes & resource allocation
- for a 9-month period, managed UK/International field sales, customer service and marketing functions with 5 direct reports and 45 indirect reports in a team of over 50 people
Mike Cowburn's Education
DipM MCIM Chartered Institute of Marketing & PRINCE2 Registered Practitioner
Graduate Chartered Institute of Marketing
Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing
Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing
PRINCE2 Registered Project Management Practitioner
Really enjoyed Mike's 4Sight at Wilmslow. Showed how things shouls be, clear and simple.
Mike's presentation philosophy is beautifully simple and effective. I really enjoyed the style and content of his Foresight!
Thank you Mike for a most informative and inspiring 4Sight this week, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I particularly liked your relaxed and easy style which I intend to model!